Biggest regret in fish keeping?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

For some mysterious reason when I had an office aquarium I wanted to keep neocaridinas and couldn't.. I killed a bunch.
Got a 3 gallon cube, overfiltered it, overplanted it, waited for plant to start growing healthily, tested water, bought 5 red cherry shrimp.
Acclimate the shrimp, put them in the tank, all dead in 2 hours..

..... wait 2 weeks, test the water, buy 5 red cherry shrimp.

Started becoming the office joke. Bought a betta. Betta did amazing. Wait 2 months, test the water, buy 5 red cherry shrimp.

Betta had to live alone, was destiny.
I thought the issue could be water too soft, I bought hardness tests, dosed equilibium, thought about heavy metals or something else that wasn't tested so I tried using water conditioner, I tried using RO water, I tried using drinking water, I changed fertilizer..
It was cursed.

IMG_20160603_164650408_HDR-ANIMATION.gif

For some mysterious reason when I had an office aquarium I wanted to keep neocaridinas and couldn't.. I killed a bunch.
Got a 3 gallon cube, overfiltered it, overplanted it, waited for plant to start growing healthily, tested water, bought 5 red cherry shrimp.

Started becoming the office joke. Bought a betta. Betta did amazing. Wait 2 months, test the water, buy 5 red cherry shrimp.

Betta had to live alone, was destiny.
I thought the issue could be water too soft, I bought hardness tests, dosed equilibium, thought about heavy metals or something else that wasn't tested so I tried using water conditioner, I tried using RO water, I tried using drinking water, I changed fertilizer..
It was cursed.

View attachment 319189
Maybe the plants had been treated with pesticides?

One regret I have is not using a temperature controller for my heaters on tropical tanks. Eventually heaters fail and destroy everything you have worked for, unless you have a temperature controller. I consider it an essential piece of kit now. Won't have a heated tank now without it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back