"Big White Spot Pleco"

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

earthgirl said:
I totally think you are right Bunji!
I really think that I have a Big white spot!
I don't know if I am mad or excited?
I really don't think mine looks like a peppermint now
It looks like YOURS! :X
your spots are too big for a peppermint.

But the big spot is SO much more striking :D

very nice plec, i think it may be a LDA33 Snowball Baryancistrus.

I was considering getting me one of these. They were on the order list last week at the fish shop i work at.

The LDA33 is the same as the L142, but I havent seen it referred to as a Snowball, perhaps this is where the shop got the name from!

Ben

looks like a :cool: pleco

i know you lot like to know what your fish is exactly but i'd be happy if new it didnt get to big and looked cool doesnt matter to me about the name :rolleyes:

bunjiweb said:
The LDA33 is the same as the L142, but I havent seen it referred to as a Snowball, perhaps this is where the shop got the name from!

Ben
Ye sounds about right to me!!! The suppliers names are often diffirent from the more widely known common names like the L134 is a Leopard frog as we call it they say Tiger Peckoltia.

Very nice plec either way. I'ved spotted L260 Queen Aberesques on the stock list which are so on next weeks order!! The only bad thing about where i work is that we only do fortnightly orders so usually miss out on all the really good stuff!!

Dont take this the wrong way Paul, but every post I have seen you make recently seems to referr to the shop you work at or wether they are getting it in soon or whatever. And its really getting quite boring now.

Everyone KNOWS you work in a fish shop, you are very lucky to do so, but you dont have to advertise the fact in every single post.

Please take this as constructive criticism dude.

Ben

Thats ok, use the info you get to kerb your own knowledge base so that you can speak from experience rather than saying "at my fish shop......." or whatever :)

Ben

just came across this.
Earthgirl that is most definatly NOT a peppermint! I cant see how you could mistake them :p
Peppermint have very small spots, and if you look closer actually have a different body shape.
Both of you have nice lookin fish!

samthefishman said:
just came across this.
Earthgirl that is most definatly NOT a peppermint! I cant see how you could mistake them :p
Peppermint have very small spots, and if you look closer actually have a different body shape.
Both of you have nice lookin fish!
Thanks Sam.
I know now that is not a peppermint.
I guess when you order from a lfs, you kinda expect to get what you order :angry:
I did research it, and I did go to planet catfish, I thought that it might have looked diff with the spots since mine was a baby.
Oh well, I am very happy with the big white spot, he is gorgoeus, whatever I thought he was! :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back