Big River South

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This is what the L204 look like:
View attachment 150856

My L333 lives in the coconut shell - he rarely comes out during the day - when I feed them in the evening if he is hungry he'll come out grab a pellet and take it back into his cave. I sometime wonder if it is a female due to smaller size - also the L333 wasn't that expensive - I think i paid $30 for 2 (i eventually gave the other one to the LFS when i was thinning some tanks). The L204 are also inexpensive - around $30 to $40 for each but the first one pictured above was purchased at a petco for $10.
Hi @anewbie ,
Did you house your two l333's together before one went back to the fish store? If yes, how did they get on?

If not do your l204's get on ok together?

Id love another tiger and my Lfs have had another one in but not sure if they would fight.

Hi @anewbie ,
Did you house your two l333's together before one went back to the fish store? If yes, how did they get on?

If not do your l204's get on ok together?

Id love another tiger and my Lfs have had another one in but not sure if they would fight.
I kept them all together; I did not observe any conflicts other than early on the l333 objected to the 204 backup into his cave but over time he has mellowed out as the L204 are not trying to live there they just sometime goof. The l333 I removed was not fully mature but i would say 4ish inch - the one i ahve now i'm guessing is only around 5 - not really interested in dragging him out to get an accurate measurement.

Anyway the l204 are a timid pleco and to my observation they all get along ok but are easily startled. I have 5 in the 120 and 2 in the 29. I also feel like they grow much slower and not convince the ones in the 29 are fully mature - i've had them for around 14 months and they were around 2 inches when purchased. THe ones in the 120 are older with at least one full grown adult. 2 of the 5 in the 120 are a bit more out going in the sense they will come to the front to eat zuc during the day; but even they are extremely timid and it won't take much movement to send them scurrying away. In contrast the female lemon bn i would have to take a stick to beat off the zuc; she is among the more out going bn's i have and she sometimes jump on the zuc as it is falling from top to bottom. Sometime I think she hangs out in front just waiting for me to give her a snack.
-
I'm pretty sure if you had 2 male l333 competing for the same cave there will be issues but as long as there are ample caves i think they will be fine.

I kept them all together; I did not observe any conflicts other than early on the l333 objected to the 204 backup into his cave but over time he has mellowed out as the L204 are not trying to live there they just sometime goof. The l333 I removed was not fully mature but i would say 4ish inch - the one i ahve now i'm guessing is only around 5 - not really interested in dragging him out to get an accurate measurement.

Anyway the l204 are a timid pleco and to my observation they all get along ok but are easily startled. I have 5 in the 120 and 2 in the 29. I also feel like they grow much slower and not convince the ones in the 29 are fully mature - i've had them for around 14 months and they were around 2 inches when purchased. THe ones in the 120 are older with at least one full grown adult. 2 of the 5 in the 120 are a bit more out going in the sense they will come to the front to eat zuc during the day; but even they are extremely timid and it won't take much movement to send them scurrying away. In contrast the female lemon bn i would have to take a stick to beat off the zuc; she is among the more out going bn's i have and she sometimes jump on the zuc as it is falling from top to bottom. Sometime I think she hangs out in front just waiting for me to give her a snack.
-
I'm pretty sure if you had 2 male l333 competing for the same cave there will be issues but as long as there are ample caves i think they will be fine.
I think ive got the space and plenty of areas where they could find their own territory if i went down the road of another pleco. Im not sure i will tho, i just saw the post and jumped the gun tbh because i love mine lol

Ive messaged my LFS about the new king and they have sent me some pictures.

Same size as mine but not the same quality of health and colouring etc.

Big 'Bertha' bocourti has started testing boundaries this week and showed off her war dress with some epic colouring up. Ive not seen her colours this deep before.
20220210_203443.jpg

My Ellioti is still not having any of it tho and will more than stand his ground and remains el capitan.

Luckily its just stand offs with no aggression

Not used them personally but found an article on tanninaquatics..

Not used them personally but found an article on tanninaquatics..

Thanks for this👍 looking for something different for the next set up. Think they will look good and ive found some palms online which look safe to use

Thinned out the water sprite in the big rio today. Took 5 mother plants out and stripped them of the new growth. They was all at least 2ft wide!!! Monster Corunta and fein leaves. Filled 2 buckets up☺️

Going to be rescaping next weekend and turning the tank to more of a cichlid biotope. I am really enjoying the current scape but i feel the bigger fish now need more space to swim. I dont think it will be as nice to view but better for the fish which is more important.

Just a few updated fish pic's

New additions⬇️Metynnis fasciatus
20220306_192333.jpg
20220306_192654.jpg
20220306_192646.jpg
20220306_192453.jpg

If you would of said id be buying some silver dollars three months ago i would of told you "No chance!". Never really looked at them before but because ive got into cichlids this last year ive become a fan. They are alot of fishkeepers go to for dither fish for larger cichlids and i can see why. They look great up close and they are a fantastic schooling fish. These Tiger dollars are my favourites 😍
20220306_192743.jpg
20220306_192531.jpg
20220306_192535.jpg

Ellioti Cichlids are just beautiful 😍 got the pleasure of having 50+ of these atm.
20220306_192623.jpg
20220306_192629.jpg

Rainbows have a wonderful temperament and stunning colours to match
20220306_192631.jpg
20220306_192541.jpg
20220306_192546.jpg

Big Bocourti
"Aka" Big Bertha. My loveable rogue and a show stopper of a fish. Just stunning
20220306_192518.jpg
20220306_192447.jpg

Mr King Tiger pleco. Another fish i wouldnt of seen me having a while back but just look at him. Proper stands out and hes always out and about which is a massive bonus🙂

What tank size are those again?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back