Big River South

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So jealous of both these tanks lol. The only thing that throws the big one for me is the crypt at the front. It looks like you have a nice bridge thing going on in the background and the crypt blocks it but it could be a really good focal point in the tank especially if you built up and planted around it.

Also how do you keep both tanks so algae free?

So jealous of both these tanks lol. The only thing that throws the big one for me is the crypt at the front. It looks like you have a nice bridge thing going on in the background and the crypt blocks it but it could be a really good focal point in the tank especially if you built up and planted around it.

Also how do you keep both tanks so algae free?
Glad you said that because i wasnt sure with the crypts postioning at the front tbh.

Do nothing special Wills really. Just big regular water changes, go easy on ferts and i make sure i have plenty of water sprite floating which i think helps alot.

Cant seem to get it at the moment tho. My normal supplier hasnt had any in for a while and not due any for 2 or 3 weeks. Ive took some out the big tank for the breeder and tried some red root floaters to help out till it comes in.

Cichlids:)
20210823_211431.jpg

Beast of a fish^
20210823_211428.jpg

Tonight ^ 20210425_084447.jpg
4 months ago^
20210823_211145.jpg

Love Rainbows, lovely peaceful Cichlids.
20210823_211106.jpg

Little and large
20210823_194959.jpg

Ellioti are probably my favourites. They are absolutely stunning Cichlids :wub:

Attachments

• 20210425_190600.jpg
    20210425_190600.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 48
Wow they are so good! Tank looks better for moving the crypt too. Have you thought about adding any smaller anubias or bucephalandra to the tank? The big ones are great but some smaller ones would add a bit of scale.

Wills

Wow they are so good! Tank looks better for moving the crypt too. Have you thought about adding any smaller anubias or bucephalandra to the tank? The big ones are great but some smaller ones would add a bit of scale.

Wills
Ive have got 3 lots of Anubias nana in there atm but i could do with some more to fill and bulk up the rock areas

Looking for another supplier at the moment. The one i have used for years have gone a bit pricey and the plants are coming a lot smaller.

Wow coming along really nice now :) How big would you say for total length now?

Wills

Wow coming along really nice now :) How big would you say for total length now?

Wills
Probably around 6 to 7 inches now and putting on some bulk.

Amazingly still takes orders off Mr Ellioti whos only around half the size lol

What species are the cichild ?

The Elioti is absolutely stunning but not suitable for my environment. Lovely fish and i saw that you had frys from them so they breed readily in the community aquarium. Nice setup. Bit surprise such a large fish does ok in 120 gallon aquarium.

The Elioti is absolutely stunning but not suitable for my environment. Lovely fish and i saw that you had frys from them so they breed readily in the community aquarium. Nice setup. Bit surprise such a large fish does ok in 120 gallon aquarium.
My favourites the Ellioti:wub: just had another 100+ fry

Well tbh i didnt intend to have the Bocourti. I brought them intending to be Rainbow cichlids but soon found out they wasnt.

They are fine atm but may have to upgrade in the future once fully grown.

Last edited:
I know I've probably shared this channel with you before (and its a real shame its not active anymore) but well worth a look especially with your Boucourti :)

Interesting what you said about the Dragon Stone, not something I had thought of all those nooks and crannys for stuff to collect in. It breaks down over time too right? So must have been quite dusty? River rocks look good with your sand though and easy to get from regular garden centres rather than aquarium stores for extra cash lol.

Wills

I know I've probably shared this channel with you before (and its a real shame its not active anymore) but well worth a look especially with your Boucourti :)

Interesting what you said about the Dragon Stone, not something I had thought of all those nooks and crannys for stuff to collect in. It breaks down over time too right? So must have been quite dusty? River rocks look good with your sand though and easy to get from regular garden centres rather than aquarium stores for extra cash lol.

Wills
What channels that @Wills?

I had 23kg of dragon rock so i think it was just too much and must of been restricting the flow through the tank:dunno: mull was just settling between the rocks and would only be unsettled by my pictus cats or water from above. Horrible when youve just spent hours getting it spotless:<

Just not sure what direction to go now. On my way back home from cornwall now and expecting to get back to a tank with no plants lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back