Big River South

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@AquaBarb ... I mean no disrespect on your tanks, or your fish, but looking at those pictures, the most impressive thing I see is photography... your lighting & photography is incredible... don't get me wrong... the fish & tanks are amazing, but with the photography everything literally jumps off the screen...

Last edited:
Btw this is what they do at dinner time; i kid you not. The short end of the tank is about 4 feet from my desk; normally during the coarse of the day they stay far away but around 3:30 (i feed them at four) this begins to happen:
View attachment 332946
They certainly learn quickly what time dinner is 😋 mine are always first in the queue soon as the light turns on at 5.

Very cool when they swim together like that. They are striking fish to look at. Yours are getting a nice size 🙂

@AquaBarb ... I mean no disrespect on your tanks, or your fish, but looking at those pictures, the most impressive thing I see is photography... your lighting & photography is incredible... don't get me wrong... the fish & tanks are amazing, but with the photography everything literally jumps off the screen...
Thank you, nice to know the pictures come across well🙂

Yes, those photos are stunning.
Eventhough, I'm not a huge fan of artificial plants, in some way in your tank it looks great!

Yes, those photos are stunning.
Eventhough, I'm not a huge fan of artificial plants, in some way in your tank it looks great!
Thank you🙂

Yes i prefer real plants and before i started keeping Cichlids i wouldnt of even thought of artificial plants but im quite thankful for them now as i do like greenery in my tanks.

Just got to chose the right ones as there are some really tacky stuff out there.

Thank you🙂

Yes i prefer real plants and before i started keeping Cichlids i wouldnt of even thought of artificial plants but im quite thankful for them now as i do like greenery in my tanks.

Just got to chose the right ones as there are some really tacky stuff out there.
Some species of Cichlids do well with real plants; you just happen to choose the wrong ones.

Some species of Cichlids do well with real plants; you just happen to choose the wrong ones.
Yes totally, ive done plants with Cichlids successful for years.
20220111_194856.jpg
Always wanted Sev's tho so it was a sacrifice i was willing to take🙂

Last edited:
Yes totally, ive done plants with Cichlids successful for years. View attachment 333560Always wanted Sev's tho so it was a sacrifice i was willing to take🙂
You know i debated that for a *long* time and decided on wc discus instead of severums:
(qt tank):
d3.jpg

Eventual home after qt:
d2.jpg

I fully admit the scaping isn't as nice as yours but you know i am a newbie.

You know i debated that for a *long* time and decided on wc discus instead of severums:
(qt tank):
View attachment 333603
Eventual home after qt:
View attachment 333604
I fully admit the scaping isn't as nice as yours but you know i am a newbie.
Their lovely😍 they are beautiful the discus. What are you planning tank mate wise? I can see a few tetras in there already.

Glad I found this journal a thoroughly enjoyable read and some stunning set ups and pics. Your fish look so healthy which is a real testament to your fishkeeping

Glad I found this journal a thoroughly enjoyable read and some stunning set ups and pics. Your fish look so healthy which is a real testament to your fishkeeping
Thank you @simonas 🙂 very kind of you to say

Much appreciated 👍

Their lovely😍 they are beautiful the discus. What are you planning tank mate wise? I can see a few tetras in there already.
35 cardnals 15 glow lights 4 more discus eventually 6 to 8 geo (nembalis or merablis) and 2 gold nuggets.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back