FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dopey696

Reaction score
Aqueon does not honor their own warranty, it is an empty promise that will never be fullfilled. I recently purchased a size 29 Aqueon tank and lid that did not fit together due to a manufacturing flaw. I contacted Aqueon customer service who responded to my concern by saying the lid not fitting in was due to my ignorance about what I purchased and it must not be Aqueon product. I then proved it was all Aqueon products they said to squeeze it, and "pop it" into place and that they couldn't "simply send me a fixed tank or lid because they would arrive broken" and that,"there is nothing we can do". They were very rude and unhelpful, insulting my intelligence as a consumer and refused to rectify the situation. Luckily I was able to sand down the lid so it fits alright now but I will never again by an Aqueon product and I suggest you all do not purchase their equipment either.

Cant you take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund?

Aqueon does not honor their own warranty, it is an empty promise that will never be fullfilled. I recently purchased a size 29 Aqueon tank and lid that did not fit together due to a manufacturing flaw. I contacted Aqueon customer service who responded to my concern by saying the lid not fitting in was due to my ignorance about what I purchased and it must not be Aqueon product. I then proved it was all Aqueon products they said to squeeze it, and "pop it" into place and that they couldn't "simply send me a fixed tank or lid because they would arrive broken" and that,"there is nothing we can do". They were very rude and unhelpful, insulting my intelligence as a consumer and refused to rectify the situation. Luckily I was able to sand down the lid so it fits alright now but I will never again by an Aqueon product and I suggest you all do not purchase their equipment either.
I disagree, thoroughly. When I started out and purchased an Aqueon ten gallon tank kit it came with a cracked lid and missing lights. I attempted to return it to the pet store for a replacement and they didn't have any left as the item had been on sale. They refused to order a new tank to replace the broken product they gave me and I didn't want a refund, I wanted the tank for the price I paid, not to have to go pay the full value online. I contacted Aqueon and they had a new lid and light set sent out to me within three days and they paid for the shipping.

Now I agree Aqueon isn't a five star supplier of aquarium products but they are WELL above average compared to some of the dinky products I've seen (like the tetra tanks and filters, etc. you find at walmart or on the cheaper shelves of your LFS.) My current tank is an Aqueon bowfront and its, IMO, a lovely tank and I got it for a great price. The filter that came with it is still going, quiet as a mouse, and keeps my water nice and clean. I've never had an aqueon tank, heater, or filter poot out on me. Not once. While whatever happened on your end with customer service is unfortunate, advising people not to buy above decent products at good prices based on a bad phone call experienced by you is not exactly fair. I suggest if Aqueon couldn't help you that you return the tank w/hood to the place you purchased it and inform them of your issue. I'm sure the petstore would be happy to replace it for you, as its the pet store's responsibility to sell products that function properly and if they are faulty, to replace them/refund the purchase accordingly.

Last edited:
You can disagree all you want but I have the email correspondence from the warranty department manager proving that they were unwilling to replace the tank. I stand by my statement to beware of Aqueon because they due not stand by there warranty, and my post was not brought on by just "one bad phone call", but rather due to faulty manufacturing. I have three tanks from Aqueon that didn't have an issue and had no reason to question the warranty, however this time I did and my previously unasked question was answered. I'm not suggesting to go buy bottom of the barrel equipment but I will say beware Aqueon they do not "always" stand by their warranty.

As for returning it....the store at the time I purchased the tank there was no lid and I had to purchase it later, by the time I had the correspondence with Aqueon it had been just past 30 days since I purchased the tank, which is what the store required. However I feel that if they are unwilling to ship a new one, which is understandable, they should have at least worked with the store to make it so that I could have the warranty replacement.

I had one of their glass heaters malfunction and kill my fish so I called them and they mailed me their New Aqueon Pro. Maybe call them again with better luck.

Did the tank and lid come in a kit, or did you purchase separately?
Both Aqueon brand? A glass (hinged) lid, or the hooded type?

Agree, I had several of the new Aqueon filters (with the LED feature) die on me within 3-6 months of use. When I contacted them they said it wasn't possible and I must not be maintaining them properly. I told them my maintenance routine (being in the hobby for over 20 years) and they said (after a LOT of run around) to ship them to their center for testing. After a couple weeks I got a smart email telling me they could find nothing wrong, they shipped them back and they still didn't work. This was on three of their 75 gallon LED filters. I just ate the cost and threw them away and vowed to never buy anything mechanical made by Aqueon again.

I have read several complaints and bad reviews about Aqueon equipment recently. Personally, I have never had a bad experience with any of their stuff. I have one of their air pumps and it's OK so far but it really is tough to screw up something that simple. I'm not impressed with the fit on their glass tops. Just a bit sloppy. I expected better for the price. I bought one five gallon new that leaked like a sieve right out of the chute. Never ever saw that in a new aquarium in 50 years. It just doesn't happen. I bought one of their Forge metal stands and it's OK , but it's kinda rinky dink. I won't buy another one. The worst reviews were about their heaters so I'll just play it safe and buy Eheim.

I noticed their lights at petco were LED..that you bought extra. Weird..plug in LED. The total cost was in the $140-160 range. For that you can get other brands that you can adjust the colors to what pleases you and I imagine..brighter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back