Bettas in 3 gallon tanks?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ideally a 5 gallon minimum due to their waste production causing spikes when least expected/anticipated, especially if no liquid testing kit readily available. They like more room to cruise....larger volume, more plants and places to hide and just chill out (and escape the humans who keep staring at him too)

What's the footprint and shape of the mini aquarium?

i never said he wouldnt survive in a 3Gal i just said he wont be as happy as he would be in a bigger tank

Ideally a 5 gallon minimum due to their waste production causing spikes when least expected/anticipated, especially if no liquid testing kit readily available. They like more room to cruise....larger volume, more plants and places to hide and just chill out (and escape the humans who keep staring at him too)

What's the footprint and shape of the mini aquarium?
25(h) x 25(w) x 16(d) cm

25(h) x 25(w) x 16(d) cm
I am hoping you mean inches and not cm....

Personally I would upgrade to a nice 5 gallon and give him more space, more greenery and hiding places that will keep him stimulated

The extra size...or even to 7.5 or 10 gallon...will keep water chemistry better and easier to monitor too

You do need to invest in a proper liquid testing kit and cycle the upgraded aquarium should you decide to move him to somewhere larger. He can stay in the 3 gallon whilst the new accommodation is being cycled.

he is most likely content where he is but a bigger tank would make him happier
oh thank the lord, i just dont wanna make the same mistake, i had samuri, the one in the 3 gallon in a 1/2 gallon for a year. The pet store told me he would be happy in an unfiltered 1/2 gallon. About a year later I Got more serious about it and stated learning more. I was very upset and guilty about having him in the 1/2 gallon. Ithought 3 gallons would be fine. Hes happy now. i just didnt wanna make the same horrible mistake again. 😭 😭 . Thats why i was so angry about putting fish in tiny tanks on that other thread made by honey fish

I am hoping you mean inches and not cm....

Personally I would upgrade to a nice 5 gallon and give him more space, more greenery and hiding places that will keep him stimulated

The extra size...or even to 7.5 or 10 gallon...will keep water chemistry better and easier to monitor too

You do need to invest in a proper liquid testing kit and cycle the upgraded aquarium should you decide to move him to somewhere larger. He can stay in the 3 gallon whilst the new accommodation is being cycled.
well, I highly highly highly doubt mother will let me get a 4th tank. If i could control what i spend my pocket money on i WOULD, but i cant. Ill see if she lets me. Ill have to save up. Thankyou.

if u were in the uk i could of sent you an old spare 5 gallon i used as a hospital tank

even a kids starter aquarium is usually 5 gallon+ and there easy to come by for a few dollars

well, I highly highly highly doubt mother will let me get a 4th tank. If i could control what i spend my pocket money on i WOULD, but i cant. Ill see if she lets me. Ill have to save up. Thankyou.
Work for it by doing extra chores around the house....don't expect handouts, as that is not the right way to go about getting things.

if u were in the uk i could of sent you an old spare 5 gallon i used as a hospital tank

even a kids starter aquarium is usually 5 gallon+ and there easy to come by for a few dollars
Work for it by doing extra chores around the house....don't expect handouts, as that is not the right way to go about getting things.
Ok, its not entirely the money actually, my mother might not just want me to get an aquarium, and she wants me saving my money. Idk, ill see what happens. If she lets me i will defiantly buy one.

Just offer to help around the house more, I am sure she will be more than happy to have extra help from you...you don't get anything for nothing thesedays (or at least you shouldn't when a young person)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back