FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi,

Bettafix, yea or nay?
Can you elaborate on your experience with this product?

Many thanks,

~Vana

Havent buy one but want it for my betta with damaged tail.

Don’t use Bettafix or Melafix with bettas. It has an oily substance which can cost the labrynth organ and can suffocate the betta. Some have used but I wouldn’t risk it. Much better things like daily large water changes and dissolved aquarium salt for fin rot.

Don’t use Bettafix or Melafix with bettas. It has an oily substance which can cost the labrynth organ and can suffocate the betta. Some have used but I wouldn’t risk it. Much better things like daily large water changes and dissolved aquarium salt for fin rot.
@Deanasue Yesterday my betta jump to my rosy barb tanks and all of his tail got bitten by those, now theres nothing left on him :angry:

Can you please explain to me the procedure for treating a betta with aquarium salt?

thank you

Sure. Do daily water changes of 75% for 2 weeks. On first day add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. After that, each day when you change 75% of water only add 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt per every 5 gallons. Be sure Aquarium salt is dissolved first or it will burn the fish. The tail will slowly grow back. The salt is an astringent to help keep tail clean. It also improves gill function and works to relieve stress. I rescued a betta from Petco that had lost his entire tail and it’s growing back nicely. The salt and water changes is all I did. Oh, I did add an Indian Almond leave too. By the way, I see you’re from Dallas. I’m outside of Houston.

Last edited:
Sure. Do daily water changes of 75% for 2 weeks. On first day add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. After that, each day when you change 75% of water only add 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt per every 5 gallons. Be sure Aquarium salt is dissolved first or it will burn the fish. The tail will slowly grow back. The salt is an astringent to help keep tail clean. It also improves gill function and works to relieve stress. I rescued a betta from Petco that had lost his entire tail and it’s growing back nicely. The salt and water changes is all I did. Good luck and keep us posted. Oh, I did add an Indian Almond leave too. By the way, I see you’re from Dallas. I’m outside of Houston.
My betta haven't grow the tail yet BTW what happen to the betta at Petco? He had gotten a bacterial infection and severe tail rot. Below is a pic of the day I got him and then a pic tonight. It’s been about 6 weeks.
3995C8E4-C61C-412D-92F5-31D833659115.jpeg
F0B17936-D26A-40A6-8EB6-AD9646AB610A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. Do daily water changes of 75% for 2 weeks. On first day add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. After that, each day when you change 75% of water only add 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt per every 5 gallons. Be sure Aquarium salt is dissolved first or it will burn the fish. The tail will slowly grow back. The salt is an astringent to help keep tail clean. It also improves gill function and works to relieve stress. I rescued a betta from Petco that had lost his entire tail and it’s growing back nicely. The salt and water changes is all I did. Oh, I did add an Indian Almond leave too. By the way, I see you’re from Dallas. I’m outside of Houston.
I've wondered about those leaves...
My Bettas are in pretty good shape I have just been curious lately if there was anything I can do to improve the overall quality. That's why I thought I'd ask what others experience has been with bettafix.

When you were recommending the salt treatment I got curious about that because somebody told me that was good for betta fins.

I just like to be informed.
I'm practically on top of downtown
Dallas, where are you at?

I've wondered about those leaves...
My Bettas are in pretty good shape I have just been curious lately if there was anything I can do to improve the overall quality. That's why I thought I'd ask what others experience has been with bettafix.

When you were recommending the salt treatment I got curious about that because somebody told me that was good for betta fins.

I just like to be informed.
I'm practically on top of downtown
Dallas, where are you at?
I’m in Pearland, South of Houston towards Galveston.

No but it did something strange. Had my reply mixed in with your post. I had to separate it. Not sure what happened.
I may have accidently done something?
I don't have the hang of this yet.
I'm sorry if it was me

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back