Betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JAYJT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:) Hi there people, i have a new small 5 gal tank, and am thinking of getting a betta for it, What would go well with a male betta? or would it be best left in the tank alone to stop its fins getting nipped............. :)

:D Thanks for any tips or advice :D

I've read that guppies, platies, and many placid bottom feeders would go well with them. I wouldn't suggest the guppies, though, because of their color.

I've got a male platy, an oto, and a cory with the betta right now, and things are going fine. I also had a female platy and 7 fry before, as well, and they did just fine.

I'd say corys, snails, otos, and almost any livebearing fish would be ok. Just have to experiment...

Maybe the platy you've got in your other tank! He/she's probably already lonely without a companion, so it wouldn't hurt to move it. :D

HTH

Hi JAYJT :)

A 5 gallon tank will make a great home for a betta and a couple of African Dwarf Frogs or cory cats! :thumbs:

If you want to learn more about these miniature aquatic frogs, just click on the link in my signature.

If you plan to cycle the tank, corys are also a good choice to live with a betta. My bettas find them great companions. They keep them interested without, in any way, being competition for them.

Do you have another tank established, or will this be your first? :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back