Betta with ick/ich

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bianca_m35

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there! So I was in meijer and i saw a betta who didnt look good at all. He has ick all over him. Hes still pretty vibrant in color but is twitching a bit. I cant put him in my tank as there are other fish in there. Would it be okay if I put him in a larger container with no filter and treat him with a bit of aquarium salt? If so how many times do I put the aqua salt in, how many times do I change the water, etc? Please no rude comments I felt horrible when I saw him and I just had too rescue! P.S. he will eventually be going into a 10 gallon planted aquarium eventually with heater, weekly water changes, heater, etc!

Salt does not treat white spot.

If you want to treat the fish, increase the water temperature to 30C (86F) and keep it there for 2 weeks, or at least 1 week after all the spots have disappeared.

The other way to treat it is by moving the fish into a clean container of water every day for at least a week. The parasites fall off the fish and when the fish gets moved, the parasites are left behind and can't reinfect it.

The following link has information about white spot. Post #1 and post #16 are worth a read.

Also, what are the fish in the aquarium that you plan to put your betta in? I ask this as bettas are not community fish so you may need another plan for his permanent home for once you've treated him

Also, what are the fish in the aquarium that you plan to put your betta in? I ask this as bettas are not community fish so you may need another plan for his permanent home for once you've treated him
Just a few minnows!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back