Betta Thai Import

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, this past July I've paid a visit to the new place of a good friend of mine. He's started about two years ago with importing bettas from Thailand. And sold them to betta keepers and lfs's. Now he's trying to work as a wholesaler.
The tuesday before the new shipment of bettas came in after purchasing them in Thailand about three weeks before. He went by himself to Thailand to visit thai betta breeders. He also purchased some other kinds of labyrinth fish overthere.
But that particular weekend in July he had an open house. And I'm one of the moderators of one of his Facebook groups. So, some of the moderators paid his new place a visit during that weekend.
Eventhough, I've stopped keeping and breeding bettas (not just betta splendens but also other bettas) for a number of years now, they keep fascinating me.
So, I've made some photos of his place which I'd like to share overhere...
Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 047.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 048.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 049.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 050.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 053.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 054.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 055.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 059.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 051.jpg

Open dagen Ed's Fishbook June 28th 2019 052.jpg

It's a decent number of bettas he's got overthere.
He started off keeping them at his own home. But with this amount of fish he needed a different space to keep them. Which he has found as you can see. And it's also close to his own place which makes it easy.

Oh my gracious! There are no words for those pictures. That is just wild ! What a rush it would be to see that in person.
Yes, it was heaven or paradise... whatever you´d like it to be... :)
We stayed longer than we had planned... ;) Too much to see!
There was a large number of those bettas at his place of different grades. And most of them do cost a serious price. We´re not talking 5 dollars each.
But if you´re a real betta lover (no matter wild or fancy), you really ought to see this for sure...

Hope you liked the photos?

I don't like the way he stacks those Betta cups. Not only are Betta cups considered bad, the lower ones don't have ready access to the air.

I don't like the way he stacks those Betta cups. Not only are Betta cups considered bad, the lower ones don't have ready access to the air.
I do agree...if they are selling/showing all of these beautiful bettas, they need to be in at least 0.5 gallons of water.

I can't tell whats going on, is he breeding them, selling them to stores and out of his place? Both? Maybe they came in from Thailand in the cups? Some of them are in tanks with individual sponge filters, which is nice.

Yes, it was heaven or paradise... whatever you´d like it to be... :)
We stayed longer than we had planned... ;) Too much to see!
There was a large number of those bettas at his place of different grades. And most of them do cost a serious price. We´re not talking 5 dollars each.
But if you´re a real betta lover (no matter wild or fancy), you really ought to see this for sure...

Hope you liked the photos?
I really liked the photos, Thanks!
I have been eyeing one particular betta at my LFS for a few weeks now. Wish I could get him. He is $30. He is something I would just have to describe as a koi veiltail.

The veil tail part is self-explanatory but the koi part is more like if you see a calico cat--so I guess it's the coloring that make them identify it as a koi, rather than a veiltail.
( I currently have a koi beta and had another that passed away, and neith had a veil tail)!
It also has two different color eyes. it's been there for a few weeks is so sad every time I go in there he just looks more and more depressed .
Anyway I can't save the world I can just do my own little bit.
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Oh, more on the coloring I've actually seen the same type of coloring on angelfish and on Guppies it's basically white black and orange.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back