Betta Tankmates???

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sofishticated

Reaction score
Can a betta live with 3 danio and 3 platy in a 120L tank? How many fish (if any) could it live with in a 120L tank? Is a 25L good for a betta on its own with a slowed filter? Thanks :)

Bettas are not good community fish. 25 litres on his own would be perfect. I have a tank that size for my betta :)

Agree with essjay, please do not keep a Betta in a community tank. But to comment on your other question, about danio and platy, just want to point out that the danio are shoaling fish, meaning they live in very large groups so to be settled and not stressed they need a group of their own. Minimum numbers are a bit misleading, as shoaling fish will always be better the more there are, but you do not want fewer than six or seven of a species of danio. [Tetras, barbs, rasbora and many catfish like cories are similar, being shoaling fish needing groups of the species.]

Thanks for replying, I'll put my betta in my 25L tank when I get one. I will get more fish but I currently have my fish in the 25L and am cycling a bigger tank. I'll upgrade it and get them more friends soon :)

if u wanna keep a betta in a community aquaruim i would put them with amano shrimp or maybe neon tetras but the tank would have to be a decent size and it just needs to be with fish that wont nip the bettas fins like tiger barbs would not be the best choice ;)

if u wanna keep a betta in a community aquaruim i would put them with amano shrimp or maybe neon tetras but the tank would have to be a decent size and it just needs to be with fish that wont nip the bettas fins like tiger barbs would not be the best choice ;)

Neon tetra are actually not a good choice. Years ago I had a Betta that ate neons, and this is not uncommon; the bright colours of the neon incite the fighting instinct in a Betta even more. But the reverse can also occur...all tetras have teeth, lots of them, and they will frequently decide to nip fins of sedate fish. Some are far more likely to do this than others. It is a risk best avoided for the sake of the fish.:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back