FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

finestexstellas

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking to start up a beta fish tank and would love to do it right. I have just bought a 24 litre tank as my research says recommended is 22 litres, I would just like to know what other things you recommend, like what plants , whether live ones or plastic, if so which live ones and how would i care for them, which gravel/sand, how strong does the filter need to be etc. I already have a nice tropical tank and cold water tank set up, this however is the dream fish I have been working towards owning as in the future keeping fish is my passion, I love them and want to become more knowledgeable on how to look after them properly.

I recommend live plants or silk, plastic could rip his fins. They love sitting on and under plants. I would say floating plants are a must as it gives a betta a comfortable resting place.

You'll need a heater, set at about 78 degrees and a very gentle flow on the filter.

Either gravel or sand, as long as it doesn't raise pH/GH. They like soft water, what is your water hardness?

Post pics when you get your betta!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back