FurFinFeathers

Reaction score
I'm going to update my three male betta fish to a divided ten gallon, but i have a few questions. If i get two dividers from Petsmart, they dont have holes, so i assume I'd need a sponge filter for each section? If I make them myself, I could make them with holes in them so i would only need one filter, right? which option would be best? also which sponge filter would be best? link it, if possible. Thanks.

You can purchase dividers that have vents in them in order to allow you to filter all three sections at the same time. The only thing is that you'll need to make sure they can't see or get to one another of course. If you do it this way, then you can modify the filter to pull water from one end and empty in the other to ensure some flow regardless of the dividers.

I've used the aquaone 200 and removed the media and put in filter wool and ceramisub for the bacteria to live on and find this works pretty well.

Where can I find a divider with vents in it? I was thinking a sponge filter bc i heard bettas dont like too much water current. How could i redirect the filter to empty into another section?

The best way to find it in your area is to google online, you might even need to buy online and have it posted to you. If you look for tank dividers and check out the pictures, there should be vented options.

Bettas definitely don't like much water current, however you can get around this by baffling the intake and outlet with some filter sponge. You can redirect the filter by buying some cheap clear tubing/hose and slot it over the intake and run it to the point where you want to draw water from.

Hope this helps :)

Most reactions

trending

Back