Betta Tank Sizing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luke_burrell

Reaction score
Just wondering what would be the ideal and most practical tank sizing for a single male betta fish. Currently have a 3.5 gallon and I am thinking about a 10 gallon, however I feel like it may be a little over kill for 1 fish. Perhaps even a 10 gallon tank split in the middle for 2 male bettas giving them 5 gallons of space each. Thoughts would be appreciated.

i think a that a too big tank will be better than a too small one ;) if that helps at all?

The above comment is right, Giving the fish even more space is only a good thing. No such thing as a tank too big :p

Well, perhaps giving a 40 gal plus sized tank for a single Betta splenden might be considered to be a tad overkill but it's possible.

Usually a Betta is perfectly happy in a tank of anything between 5 to 10 gallons moderately planted and must have a plant or two with broad leaves and maybe a snail or two for added interest.

That's likely to be pretty much the ideal considered by many Betta keepers imho.

A 10 gallon is perfect for 1 male, I have kept a male in an 18 gallon on his own. Plants are important especially floating plants, For floaters I find that Indian fern ( Water Sprite ) is best.

Just remember tank mates like Snails and shrimp could end up on the menu, Even Malasian Trumpet Snails are not safe when the Betta finds out they are yummy.

My Bettas having a snack.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back