Betta, Tank Mates, A 10 Gallon Tank And More

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No I wasn't saying they would nip the betta hon, just them swimming fast can stress the betta out.
Habrosus is the biggest of the pygmy corys. There is habrosus, hastatus, and pygmaeus.
So, as nc said, pygmies are better since they are smaller :) Just depends on what you can get a hold of.
I personally am getting habrosus because I've heard they don't swim up in the mid to top level of the water as much as pygmies, but I'm putting mine in a 20g long, with my betta Discord.

Ohh, okay. Well thank you :) I actually didn't know about that third breed of cory. And I am probably going to have to ask my local pet shop to order the fish for me. And it IS reasonable to ask them to hold the fish for two weeks to make sure they are healthy before I add them to my own tank, correct? (if there is a better amount of time to ask them to hold the fish, please let me know!)

Yeah, I'm having to order mine as well.
You may have to wait a bit as sometimes certain ones aren't in season? o_O At least that's what I was told.
I would think it's reasonable to ask them that but have never done it so possibly not. I imagine it'd be difficult for them to do.

Ninjouzata said:
Yeah, I'm having to order mine as well.
You may have to wait a bit as sometimes certain ones aren't in season? o_O At least that's what I was told.
I would think it's reasonable to ask them that but have never done it so possibly not. I imagine it'd be difficult for them to do.
hmm... Okay. I am just afraid of bringing home any that have diseases.

I have a crown tail betta with 6 pygmy corys in it and they do just fine together.  Every once in a while the betta will entice the corys just because they swim into "his area", but other than that they do just fine.  My betta does like to eat at the pygmy's sinking pellets sometimes though :p.

The pygmy corys do swim at the lower to middle areas of the tank but they really do not bother the betta all that much, so i would say they would be your best bet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back