Betta Tails And Colours

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks Tibby......unfortunately we lost him last week :-( :-(

awwwww no! Sorry Netty. I have been lucky to not lose any bettas yet, but I don't know what I will do when I do, I love them like they were my children! I have to admit, it worries me a lot... that, and losing my pleco.......he is my big beautiful baby!
netty, you should do a thread showing all the bettas you have right now, you always have the beauties! And I must put an updated Loki pic online, I am convinced Loki is a girlie now!

Yeah, Tibby's fish was the one I was talking about, forgot who owned him, sorry. Somebody should dig up a DTPK, there was a very interesting one on Aquabid a while ago, short finned male where each of the lobes of the tail came to a point, like a spade tail. I would have bid if I had paypal.

I bought one the other day :rolleyes: that is a bit of a colouration oddity... if I can get a decent photo I'll post him. He's a veiltail with colour inside his fins... sorta like a butterfly but the border runs all the way around including up next to the body. A real weirdo.

If the mods don't pin this we're just going to have to keep bumping it because we can't let this much information vanish into the haze of old topics. It must have taken Piggy ages and it is an extremely informative and useful thread. Some of those photos (like the true green and purples) must be quite difficult to find and the misnomers are so common (people trying to fob off pink, red or blue as purple, turquoise as green, black orchid as melano, various whites for albino) that to see it all set out accurately is a nice change!

Yeah, Tibby's fish was the one I was talking about, forgot who owned him, sorry. Somebody should dig up a DTPK, there was a very interesting one on Aquabid a while ago, short finned male where each of the lobes of the tail came to a point, like a spade tail. I would have bid if I had paypal.

I bought one the other day :rolleyes: that is a bit of a colouration oddity... if I can get a decent photo I'll post him. He's a veiltail with colour inside his fins... sorta like a butterfly but the border runs all the way around including up next to the body. A real weirdo.

If the mods don't pin this we're just going to have to keep bumping it because we can't let this much information vanish into the haze of old topics. It must have taken Piggy ages and it is an extremely informative and useful thread. Some of those photos (like the true green and purples) must be quite difficult to find and the misnomers are so common (people trying to fob off pink, red or blue as purple, turquoise as green, black orchid as melano, various whites for albino) that to see it all set out accurately is a nice change!

Awwweh! :blush: Thank you, LauraFrog! That is such a compliment. I like to be correct, and I assume other people do too. That's why I like to teach things I learn to others.

I will add that DTVT to the original post now! :D

piggy ur a god. and laura frog as well ,, that was the best post ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has to be likned to the top, its perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now with more female action!!
Check out the new and improved original post. If you have any information or better pics let me know!
Thanks!

Now with more female action!!
Check out the new and improved original post. If you have any information or better pics let me know!
Thanks!
halfsun and feather tails females arent the females to these tail types, sorry :blink: let me see what pics ive got here as im sure to have them both, the halfsun female youve got there is a female pkct

oh ask constantine on here she has a ft female, even though she in denial about it LMAO

your welcome to see if there are any pics on my ebay at any point as i've always got loads on there, the pics are available to people to use for non-commercial uses only. dpfishways_bettas

Oops... Thanks Modaz! All of the pictures were found online through google searching. I wasn't positive about all of them, but I figured you guys would let me know which ones were wrong. :p I'll fix the post ASAP!

Mustard Gas
MHalfmoonmustardgasbetta.jpg
(HM male)

This one is the coolest...i want one now haha
great post

*shrugs*

still haven't heard back from either of the mods I pm'd.... maybe everyone should just badger the mods :p

No badgering necessary. Heh... I talked to Ferris and he helped. Yay!! I have to work today, but after work I will be continuing my search for correct female pictures. :good:

Congrats. :D

Lol it always throws me off when I can't find a topic... then i realize it's been pinned :lol:

Heh, yeah. Now I feel even more obligated to make it as great as I can because it's at the top. :rolleyes: Not like I would be satisfied with anything mediocre. :p

YES! Pinned! Thanks Ferris!!!

I just realised you don't have metallic/silver in your list of colours. You can use my CT pair if you want, I'll get some photos for them soon. I edited my first post under Piggy's for a note on female tailtypes (how to tell VT females from HM females by counting the rays in the tail) and I will try and get an example soon.

I'll also put up some about the 'mixups' I was talking about or colour combination if you want me to. There are some really great ones on the old aquabid thread. I also have a great photo for pinto - a colour that's not up there. I'm not sure if it's technically a betta colour but I have seen a few lookalikes of this PK male advertised as pinto. It was posted on the aquabid drool thread. Not my fish (how I wish it was - went for $15!!! OMG I WANT HIM!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back