Betta Tail Types

i love crowntail plakats! stop making me drool! i have kept all sorts of tail types but not mixed like ctpk or dtpk.I just starting breeding so may try and make one

This is my boy, he tail has been like this since I bought him, really not sure what tail it is, I had one with the same tail before. Its sort of ragged and he has a beard like it as well

102_3032.jpg

then what tail type is this?
it is kind of a cross between a crown tail and a veiltail i would send u some pics of him if i knew how to send them. i got him from the fish shop i go to . he is fairly small but quite aggresive and active

That's called a combtail... It has the length and 'togetherness' that a veilteil would have with split rays at the ends of crowntails..
Combs have been developed into HM's called 'Half suns'... Very cool looking.

Some pictures of my Combtail male. :good:

Royal14.jpg

Royal110.jpg

@ Samphire - your guy looks like a very tattered VT to me, keep his water clean and watch for any signs of infection, maybe add some fin rot meds just incase :good:

Thanks, bought some aquarium salt this evening and put it in with him. Will get him some meds on Thursday.

The combtail picture isn't showing up anymore. :( I googled some pictures though, and I can't tell whether my new betta is a combtail or a crowntail. :unsure:

Dont think Feather tail has been shown yet :good: Here's one of ours -

0804290024.jpg

You can just about make out the way the caudal fin spreads at the end of the rays. Nice fish, but you have to be careful when breeding. You shoudn't put FT x FT as the fry may develop too much finnage and struggle to swim.

I have a quick question.
I just got my two betta's 6 gallon tanks with a filter system. They were doing great, their water was starying very clean but I woke up one morning and my Red betta, who had a very pretty curled tail, was missing all the curls on the end of his tail and his water was extremely cloudy. He now has little white, almost clear, wire looking threads at the end of his tail. I just need to know if his curls will come back, if hes in pain, or what I need to do. It really scared me when i noticed it and he lost a lot of color. He is almost pink now but still very active. his tail still has all of his color but his back is a very pail pink and it gradually gets darker as his scales go down his body.
what can I do for him? :(
Also, I looked up some diseases and I know one of my fish has popeye, but not to the point where his eyes look like they're about to burst. I know this came from poor fishtanks that I got for my birthday. I have since changed tanks and added a filter system. Anyways, back to my red guy. He has a really big white patch under his chin and from what I can remember, he has had it since I got him. His gills close all the way, he's flaring normally, he doesn't "breath" quickly, and he doesn't have any protruding scales. I know what I have to get for my popeye situation, but what would be best for my other guy. As soon as I discovered that his tail was shorter, I did a 100% water change, I soaked his decorations and new filter in hot water and rinsed them for about 20 minutes. He is only slightly active now but still swims around sometimes. I just need some help. I love all three of my Betta's and I would hate to see any of them die =[
I have a crown tail (my buddy with popeye, Fudpucker), a veil tail (my red guy that used to have beautiful curls, Clydo), and another red one that i cannot distinguish (Volvagia). I will post pics of all of them.

I have a question I didnt see the female half moon im new to bettas except i have one at home but im trying to learn more about them but i think the betta i got today is a halfmoon betta. Please give me a discription !!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back