Betta sp. Jade ''Green'' questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hey. I'm considering getting a Betta sp. Jade pair, and I have some questions.
1) Will they breed in my params? Ph 6, Gh 4, Kh 3. If not, should I do distilled or just not get them at all? RO unit is not an option, please don't try to convince me to get me one (lol I've had this happen...) as it does not depend on me but on my parents, and they won't allow.
2) Sand, gravel, peat or bare pottom with thick leaf litter?
3) Better to have many plants or many botanicals? I'll do a lot of both, but what should I use the most? I'm guessing botanicals, but want to make sure.
4) I'd be glad to hear any tips you might have for breeding them!
@Crispii (I know you've been busy lately but I needed to tag you lol 😅 )
I currently have 4 5-gallon tanks set up for four different types of the coccina complex bettas. I have sand substrate with lots of leaf litter, alder cones and a small piece of mopani DW for tannins. I filter the tanks with a small Azoo Mignon 60 HOB filter. Flow is controlable but not an issue for these bettas.
My research shows they are blackwater fish so I do have an RO setup for them, but distilled water will work as well as the volume is small. I do monthly WC of about 25%, replacing leaf litter as needed and doing a small substrate cleaning here and there as with the leaf liter, tanks size and plants it can be difficult. Tanks are heavily planted with crypts and moss and one tiger lotus (which will stay small in a tank that size). My hendra have bred and the offspring has grown up with the patents, there are 4. With the month I will be moving them to another 5 gallon I have set up. I also have the api-api jade, unfortumately the male passed a short while after I bought them, but I was going to add another pair to the tank so the male will have a small harem.

I currently have 4 5-gallon tanks set up for four different types of the coccina complex bettas.
Ohhh nice!! What species? Hendra, Api Api Jade and? lol not many people keep them so I'm excited to find someone who also keeps them 😅
I have sand substrate with lots of leaf litter, alder cones and a small piece of mopani DW for tannins. I filter the tanks with a small Azoo Mignon 60 HOB filter. Flow is controlable but not an issue for these bettas.
My research shows they are blackwater fish so I do have an RO setup for them, but distilled water will work as well as the volume is small. I do monthly WC of about 25%, replacing leaf litter as needed and doing a small substrate cleaning here and there as with the leaf liter, tanks size and plants it can be difficult. Tanks are heavily planted with crypts and moss and one tiger lotus (which will stay small in a tank that size).
Thanks for the info!
My hendra have bred and the offspring has grown up with the patents, there are 4. With the month I will be moving them to another 5 gallon I have set up.
Awww congrats on getting them breed for you!!
I also have the api-api jade, unfortumately the male passed a short while after I bought them, but I was going to add another pair to the tank so the male will have a small harem.
Sorry you lost your male, hope you can find a replacement pair soon....

Ohhh nice!! What species? Hendra, Api Api Jade and? lol not many people keep them so I'm excited to find someone who also keeps them 😅

Thanks for the info!

Awww congrats on getting them breed for you!!

Sorry you lost your male, hope you can find a replacement pair soon....
Miniopinna and burdigala. Both are super shy and rarely seen.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back