Betta Sick, White Fuzzy Stuff on Tank Sides

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BartokTheDog

Reaction score
Hello,

Two days ago, started noticing that the sides of our tank with 2 pictus cats in it started to get cloudy looking. Looked it up online, seemed to be a bacterial bloom of some sort (which we figured to be good, since our tank is finishing cycling and we were hoping to finally see more bacteria). After a few hours, it went away, no problem. Later that day, got a new betta, put him in tank, everything going well. He was getting along with the pictus, and everyone was happy. So then yesterday we got 3 red glass barbs, put them in tank, everything still going well. Last night when we went to bed, everything was fine. No fighting, everyone happy. Then, this morning, my boyfriend found the betta face down in the gravel, not moving. He thought he was dead, but it turns out that he's alive, and so we immediately moved him to a new bowl to try to nurse him back to health. Betta seems to now have some cloudy white patches on him, and is being generally lethargic. Yesterday he was liking to wedge himself inbetween the thermometer and the side of the tank, but seemed to be fine. After we've removed the betta, the water in our initial tank keeps getting cloudier and cloudier. Fuzziness on inside of tank along walls. :( Any ideas?!? We have looked for signs of 'ick', but that doesn't seem to be what it is... :unsure:

Alison

FWIW, our ammonia this morning was between .25 and .5, and our nitrites were between 0 and .25. Ph is 7.6 or so, temp is 76 degrees.

Please help! Going to the store now to get some anti-fungal. :(

Alison

Sounds like a problem i had a little while ago...
Sounds like the nasty fungus is back....

1betta
1pleco
10gallon

after the tank cycled the fish were added after a few water changes all seemed well
until we noticed speckles in a circular patern threw the glass...{like air bubbles}. Upon viewing from alongside the glass a 3-d cottony structure could be seen. We drained the tank and cleansed very well for 1hr in 30% bleach/water..Rinse rinse Rinse rince..

Havent had a problem since....

Well,

Put the Betta in a quarantine / hospital bowl with some anti-fungal stuff. He clung to life all day, but alas now has died. Covered in cottony white fuzz. (I feel kinda bad for not euthanising him this morning - just thought he might come back)

Just a freak fungal thing, or could he have been poisened by one of our Pictus Cats I wonder? (They were fighting non-seriously last night; but the cats tend to go berserk after lights out)

Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back