Betta pugnax

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cocker said:
ha, i have one more for you!

100 points for the one, who tells me which species this is...

DietmarSplendens.jpg
umm, i'm thinking whatever it is it's at least crossed with wild splendens. it's not a banpeaw or mahachai and it's not a smaragdina. those double red bars are very indicitive of splendens. :dunno:

Uhhm, you guys hijacked Julies thread!!!! :sly: :lol:

So ,Julie...what did ya decide? Pugnax,huh,huh,huh?!?

lol wuv, I was noticing that too! :p

And I haven't decided... :*) It really depends on if I need to get another tank or not, I don't know if I can get that by the mother. :grr: (Not to mention I'm running out of space in my bedroom!) I guess I need to just do some more research to find out exactly what they need. I'd LOVE to have pugnax, they look so interesting - I'll probably just see what his look like, I would like them to be somewhat pretty. :D Same with the imbellis, I figure I might be able to get a small tank for them (maybe one of those cute 2.5ers you have), but I want them to be good lookin.

Who knows, maybe I'll come home with something completely random. :lol:

Oh and wuv, I been takin betta pics all night... they'll be showin up in the next few days. :hyper:

Edit: Wanted to ask you guys - are imbellis the same as splendens, in that they don't require a heated tank? I have found conflicting info on this, so I'd like some opinions. I really can't afford to get another heater, so I hope they'd be ok without. :/ My house doesn't stay extremely warm, but my current bettas are certainly fine!

hi - sorry for hitchhiking, but this is the pirate in me :hyper:

about your heater-problems: i would definitels NOT run an imbellis tank without heater! this may cause some diffuculties regarding illness.

pugnax is more the cool water fish... also i would hardly recommend to have a constant temperature about 23 celsius for them ;)

cocker said:
this is the pirate in me :hyper:
:rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the pics, Julie :kana: .From what I've read the pugnax are cooler water fish (glances over at the darn 20 I set up with the intentions of pugnax :sly: ) but they'll require more room than imbellis...what to do, what to do.So many bettas, so little room :X

OMG!!! How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you decide on!

So, ol' pal, ol' buddy, ol' friend...*looks at ground and shuffles feet*...think you might be willing to tell lil' ol' me where this bastion of bettas might be? :shifty: :nod: :shifty:

cation said:
So, ol' pal, ol' buddy, ol' friend...*looks at ground and shuffles feet*...think you might be willing to tell lil' ol' me where this bastion of bettas might be? :shifty: :nod: :shifty:
:lol: :lol: How cute are you?! :p I told ya I owed you, so of course I'd love to tell you. It's in Olympia, which is quite a drive, but who knows, you might be interested in taking a day trip. I know I am. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back