Betta pencil sketch in progress

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Croberts008

Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Daily doodle! This is my betta Rosie :) he is a rose tail male betta.

(still gotta color it ) and do finishing details

thoughts?

Attachments

• 3E4FB3B1-3D7F-4C72-9359-985D55E14A5A.jpeg
    3E4FB3B1-3D7F-4C72-9359-985D55E14A5A.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 30
Ah thank you :)) I am my worst critic and think I could’ve made it better, maybe even more realistic instead of cartoonish. But all my art somehow ends up more on the cartoony side than real life side. For The outline I used a General’s charcoal extra soft pencil. And for the colors I used a Derwent Metallic 12 colored pencil set. They are awesome because they are water soluble so u can mix and blend colors with a paint brush dipped in water. Also, I love water soluble pencils because they erase really well without a big trail of color Left on the media. The media I did it on is I thiiiink a mixed media sketch book. Not my favorite to draw on because the paper piles up and tears quickly if it’s abused too much. And the surface has a medium rough texture which diffuses lines easily and makes it harder to draw clean precise lines. that was my first fish sketch I’ve ever tried to do so maybe I’ll keep sketchin and be able to do them more realistic. Also, I’m usually a fan of leaving my art black and white so using color is somewhat foreign to me still and I know I can improve a lot there too.
do you have sketches of fishies too? I’d love to see them! Or hear about your techniques etc

Ah thank you :)) I am my worst critic and think I could’ve made it better, maybe even more realistic instead of cartoonish.
I think all artists are their own worst critic, myself included.
For The outline I used a General’s charcoal extra soft pencil. And for the colours I used a Derwent Metallic 12 coloured pencil set. They are awesome because they are water soluble so u can mix and blend colours with a paint brush dipped in water. Also, I love water soluble pencils because they erase really well without a big trail of colour Left on the media.
I'll certainly look into the colour pencils, I've been trying to get a good set.
that was my first fish sketch I’ve ever tried to do so maybe I’ll keep sketchin and be able to do them more realistic. Also, I’m usually a fan of leaving my art black and white so using colour is somewhat foreign to me still and I know I can improve a lot there too.
do you have sketches of fishies too? I’d love to see them! Or hear about your techniques etc.
It looks lovely for your first fish sketch. I am also a massive fan at leaving my work in black and white. I've been trying to get into colour but my colour work normally looks terrible. I have done some fish sketches. mainly I do whatever I fancy. I'll hopefully get some images of my work tomorrow ( it's 10PM for me). The hard part will be finding where I've missed placed it. If you want someone else's art in the mean time check out Juice box. Her art is lovely by far some of the best I've seen

I think all artists are their own worst critic, myself included.

I'll certainly look into the colour pencils, I've been trying to get a good set.

It looks lovely for your first fish sketch. I am also a massive fan at leaving my work in black and white. I've been trying to get into colour but my colour work normally looks terrible. I have done some fish sketches. mainly I do whatever I fancy. I'll hopefully get some images of my work tomorrow ( it's 10PM for me). The hard part will be finding where I've missed placed it.
Are in the United States? Prob not since you said it’s 10pm there lol. It’s only 2pm here in the states currently.

Looks great! I envy those who can work magic with colored pencils, they are not my forte

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back