Betta over ate what do I do

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

ypopal

Reaction score
Iā€™m new to fish keeping, I hastily bought blue gravel, SpongeBob decor, fake plants, and a 5 gallon tank for 2 bettas. Who doesnā€™t start like this? (Over stocked ik Iā€™m currently dry starting a Monte Carlo 10G tank) Anyway, fast forward 5 months laterā€¦ just got bottom feeder pellets for the bottom feeder I have in there (more over stocking. Iā€™m doing extra water changes tho until the new tank is ready) I put the pellets in and my betta found them first. 2 nice plump bottom feeder pellets. My betta focused on one and once it was soft enough broke it in half and ate one half. I hastily took out the other half. Then, my betta got ahold of the other pellet and basically ate it in one bite. Held her mouth open for a while and then went back to normal. How do I go about treating her? Just donā€™t feed her for a couple of days?

She is fine, don't worry about it. Fish only eat as much as they can. Feed her tomorrow like normal or give her a day without food, it doesn't really matter.

You currently have 2 bettas in a 5.5G tank?

Stocking and tank size aside, bettas are notorious gluttons and will overeat, have bloated bellies and look like they ate a football. Give it a 7 day feeding break, it will only help

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back