What's new

Betta male breeding problem

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Last time i asked question about same male. He looks big and older. He was not making bubble nest. When i placed him in breeding tank he is making bubble nest but not bigger as my other males do. I placed female and she was ready to spawn. She was going under bubble nest and floating upside down inclined. But he was only flaring and biting her. And after some time he try to make bubbles. I placed female for 3 days but nothing happened. So i changed female. Then again same thing happening. I bred 7 pairs for at least 2 times. But this is new thing for me. Dont know whats wrong i am doing

He may just be older. I had a breeder male that reached his peak and lost all interest in females. Breeders usually stop breeding males around 15 months. Sometimes a little longer.

He may just be older. I had a breeder male that reached his peak and lost all interest in females. Breeders usually stop breeding males around 15 months. Sometimes a little longer.
Yes i thought so but at this moment he started breeding. I was taking him out but finally he started breeding :D .
But female is not releasing eggs. He wrapping her but still eggs are not coming out. She is almost 1 year old. She has bulky tummy with eggs but not releasing

Most reactions

trending

Back