Betta Macrostroma

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ceech1

Reaction score
Hi all just though i would stick up a few snaps of my new wild Macs.

Finally after all the waiting and setting up i collected the fish from my other holding tank today :)

They seem to be doing great in there and no signs of stress and are out and about swimming.

The male has been showing off to the female since i let them go into the tank after acclimatising them.

Man do i love this fish how beautiful the male is and he is some show off :)

CIMG2151.jpg

CIMG2161.jpg

CIMG2172.jpg

CIMG2175.jpg

CIMG2178.jpg

CIMG2182.jpg

CIMG2183.jpg

CIMG2200.jpg

CIMG2201.jpg

CIMG2205.jpg

CIMG2213.jpg

Very nice pair!!!  I wish I could get a wild pair.  They are just more money than I want to spend at the moment.  I have a trio (2F/1M) capitve bred Macs at the moment.  They spawn but like most people's, the male swallows not long after so no fry   :(  .  Hopefully with yours being WC, you will have better luck. 

Thank you :) yes i am getting all ready for when they spawn i will separate them and hope it works out.

Gorgeous! I've never seen any wild bettas until recently while looking in a magazine. I really like them and yours are very pretty! Good luck on the breeding!

Beautiful fish! Are they expensive where you live? I saw them at my Aquarium shop for $350 a pair...I don't think I'll ever own them at that price!! :/

I paided 385 dollars for mine if i convert it but i hear there is a new source in the wild now where they have found allof of fish and have been offered a few pairs for 260 dollar each a pair.

Lovely fish, they look settled in their new home.

How interesting I was just going to start a topic on Betta Brunei Beauty and see your topic.

I saw a pair of these recently in my LFS and found them quite stunning.  They had been bought in to order and were £115 for the pair, would that be considered a good price?
I read in the article above that where these are sourced from, Sarawak, is to be destroyed - such a shame we destroy such beauty around the world.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back