Betta losing colour?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

maddiefet

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a Betta fish around 6 weeks ago and he was so bright and colourful. Iā€™ve been staying in contact with the shop and my water is all good throughout.

However I have noticed that his fins are losing colour and he isnā€™t so vibrant anymore. I have bought a floating plant as I know Betta fish are sensitive to light and I bought a nitrate absorber for my filter today as I know nitrate levels in our water are high at the moment.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas why his colour was going? the water is good and he seems active and happy.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help get his colour back, thankyou!

We need pics :)

The first picture is when I first got him, and the second one is just now. The water is well within the safe levels and there doesnā€™t seem to be any fin nipping. I went to the pet shop and they didnā€™t think it was fin rot however the fin does seems to be worsening. The fish is now a metallic green instead of a bright blue

Attachments

• 9BBF5953-5307-4274-87A2-9884EAB86B6F.jpeg
    9BBF5953-5307-4274-87A2-9884EAB86B6F.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 69
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water (in numbers)?

Pictures of the fish?
Hi! sorry for the late reply, if you could look at the reply I posted to the person below I have attached pictures, the water is perfect, I tested it earlier and all okay yet fins seem to be getting worse, itā€™s very worrying and I donā€™t know what else I can do. Any help would be soooo appreciated :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back