Betta likes strong flow?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JassyR

Reaction score
I've moved my betta to a 20 gal tank. The filter gives a really strong flow so I moved it to one side of the tank so the other side would be pretty low flow. But he keeps swimming over to the filter side of the tank! And even more, directly under the filter! Is this normal for a betta? Is he just getting his exercise?

I've moved my betta to a 20 gal tank. The filter gives a really strong flow so I moved it to one side of the tank so the other side would be pretty low flow. But he keeps swimming over to the filter side of the tank! And even more, directly under the filter! Is this normal for a betta? Is he just getting his exercise?
probably just playing, make sure his bubble nest is not disturbed

Is the flow adjustable? Usually Bettas don’t like strong flow at all, because it’s hard for them to swim fast, due to their long fins.

My poor bettas. Every time I clean the tanks I destroy their nests accidentally. You can baffle the filter with a plastic water bottle to slow flow but if it’s not bothering him then so be it.

Is the flow adjustable? Usually Bettas don’t like strong flow at all, because it’s hard for them to swim fast, due to their long fins.
It's not. That's why I moved the filter over to the side instead of having it in the middle of the tank.

It's not. That's why I moved the filter over to the side instead of having it in the middle of the tank.
What does the intake look like? I would be concerned about him/his fins getting stuck in the intake.

I would definitely cover the intake, I have a whisper that also had just a cage and my poor veiltail got stuck on his one night(a few months ago) and it split his tail because I didn't see him until morning

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back