FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So today, as I was cleaning my 10g tank, I accidently sucked up my betta! He went all the way through my tube and into the bucket. I removed him and put him back in his tank. But is he ok? It seems the scales on his head were sort of peeled off... (See photos)

P1070712.JPG

P1070704.JPG

Sorry for the garbage photos... @Colin_T, will you please help? I have useful medication available, I just don't know how to apply it and how much. Thanks in advance!

So no medication is required? Just frequent water changes? (which I am doing, due to my bacteria bloom.)

I would just do the water changes and possibly salt but that's it unless it gets worse. It's what I'm doing with one of my Betta Coccina males who's managed to pick up a scrape on his side, water changes and keeping an eye on him and its healing fine.

Ok, thanks @Sylvan. I'll keep doing daily water changes. Thanks for your help guys! :fish:

How did you manage to suck the betta up?! is that even possible?

How did you manage to suck the betta up?! is that even possible?
Well... my betta is very small. He is a "Hellboy" plakat betta. Here in the US, plakats are very small. When I vacuum my sand, I just use the tube, not bigger end that came with it. He swam in the way and down the tube he went. :/

Well... my betta is very small. He is a "Hellboy" plakat betta. Here in the US, plakats are very small. When I vacuum my sand, I just use the tube, not bigger end that came with it. He swam in the way and down the tube he went. :/
You know, I’m still confused, why almost everyone that is not in Thailand call “plakat betta” even though betta = plakat (ปลากัด in Thai language)

You know, I’m still confused, why almost everyone that is not in Thailand call “plakat betta” even though betta = plakat (ปลากัด in Thai language)
I know, I know, lol.

But I've known a "Plakat" betta, as that specific fin shape. :lol:

Everywhere except Thailand uses the word plakat to mean a betta with short fins. Maybe that's why they use the word because short finned bettas look like wild Bettta splendens (apart from the colour).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back