Betta In The Kitchen

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Would it be alright to place my betta tank in the kitchen temporarily?  (Maybe a couple of months)  Are there any potential dangers?  The tank has a hood.

We are gearing to move in a few months and due to the distance I don't feel it is safe to attempt to transport my larger tank in the trunk of our car... I figure it is too high of a chance the bottom will crack... so I am selling it.  Since I am selling that tank I am also going to sell the cabinet that both my tanks are sitting on with the goal of finding a smaller cabinet for my betta tank when I can.  Once I sell that tank and cabinet (stay tuned for a listing in the classified within the next week for a full set up with fish at an excellent price!) I will need to move my betta tank somewhere.... my options are the kitchen or onto a really small Ikea coffee table... I just don't like the thought of the tank being at such a low level and maybe my kids having a higher chance of knocking into it there.

Opinions?

In My opinion

I just don't like the thought of the tank being at such a low level and maybe my kids having a higher chance of knocking into it there.
Good Point.

Would it be alright to place my betta tank in the kitchen temporarily?
The tank has a hood.
In My Opinion
It should be ok as long as the tank is not near things like the cook top or stuff like that, Anything that may affect water temp, You don't want to be frying steaks 6 inches from the tank.

No, it would be opposite side of the room near the door... the kitchen is tiny and the room does heat up when I cook but not too drastically and not like I can't open the window to regulate that if it is a problem.

My mum, me, and my best friend, have all had fish tanks in our kitchens for donkey's years with no problems
smile.png

Good to know!  Just wasn't sure cooking smells or something might affect him.

be careful if you fry steak near the fish, i tmay develop a sudden love for meat and turn into a pihrana

that's totally how it works

I will make a giant blindfold for the tank so he is none the wiser then!

Your betta should be fine, I have a very small kitchen and love cooking and have a dwarf puffer in there on the work surface opposite the oven, the tank has a glass lid with gaps around the side but he seems happy enough.

My only caution would be the clanging of pans or plates. Try to keep these noises to a minimum. :good:

I think my betta is already not used to the quiet life.  We make loads of noise in the living room where he has always been so far.  Or are plates worse?

Nah, I think he'll be ok.

Unless it's a certain frequency that travels thru water differently, if so, I can't help. >.<

Just don't cook any fish! Wouldn't want to traumatize the poor fella 
wink.png

I can't stand eating fish!  Yuck!

(My other tank and cabinet is now listed in the classified, UK equipment section grab a bargain, full set-up and some spare bits for just £80).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back