Betta Got Hurt!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hihi100202

Fishaholic
Reaction score
okay, there was a little alage on the side of the tank so i got my scruber to clean it but my betta went under the scruber and it hit him and now he hase something like a scale hanging off the top off his head here is a picture: betta_help___.JPG

Just add some salt or half dose some melafix to stop infection.
Is he swimming ok.

just so every one knows, this happened like 10 minuets ago

he is swimming fine.

do i use table salt?

Just half dose the salt.
Full salt dosage is usually a tablespoon to 5 gals.

Thank you so mutch! i dont think its bothering mutch any more! I just fed him, and he is fine now i think!

That good news bless him.
Just keep an eye on the wound for infection.

EEK! No Melafix- it is too strong for bettas and needs to be used in a 4:5 or 9:1 ratio with water BEFORE you dose as per the instructions.

I had a similar problem with my guy when he ripped his scales off when he got stuck in his terra-cotta pot. I hear over and over again that healing occurs a lot faster when you use

a) Aquarium Salt
b) Stress Coat

As a bonus, both of these products are useful even for afterwards when your betta is healthy again-- stress coat is a dechlorinator and aquarium salt... well just google its uses-- it has dozens :)

i agree no melafix with bettas. or if you insist, half dose it! some are really sensitive to it and do not do well.
just keep an eye on the spot. with clean water hell heal up in no time!

even at very dilute levels some bettas dont tolerate melafix at all - i would increase water changes - make sure temp is stable , and add some api or similar aquarium salt

Is the tank filtered at the moment ?

Most reactions

Back