Betta glass surfing all day.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Natabettas

Reaction score
I recently got a few new bettas. They all seem to be doing well. But one boy is just. Constantly swimming against the back of the tank glass. It is a 10 gallon tank that is divided into 2 five gallon sections. The fish on the other side of the divider is doing fine. Swimming around and coming up to see me whenever I sit at the tank. I just tested tank parameters again today incase maybe he was stressed due to the water but all the results came out good so Iā€™m not sure what it could be. I thought maybe he was bored so I added a new plant and floating log so he could chill in there. It has been days and every time I look in. He is swimming back and forth. Pacing almost. Against the back glass. Is it an illness bothering him? What could it be?

Can he see his reflection or the fish on the other side of the divider?

Can he see his reflection or the fish on the other side of the divider?
He canā€™t see the other fish that I know of. I figured he must have been chasing his reflection so I kept putting my hand on the back of the tank see if. Heā€™d realize itā€™s just him. But heā€™s still doing it

Is there a background on the glass at the back of the tank? Also, try repositioning the light towards the front of the tank as well as picking up some floating plants, if you don't have some already. Water lettuce is a good one and easy to keep alive. Your betta may be bored or seeking security

Is there a background on the glass at the back of the tank? Also, try repositioning the light towards the front of the tank as well as picking up some floating plants, if you don't have some already. Water lettuce is a good one and easy to keep alive. Your betta may be bored or seeking security
Should I add a background will it help him out. Iā€™ve got some just never put them on. And alright I have some duckweed here but I canā€™t find any water lettuce or frog bit near me. Do you know anywhere in Canada possibly that would have them?

Should I add a background will it help him out. Iā€™ve got some just never put them on. And alright I have some duckweed here but I canā€™t find any water lettuce or frog bit near me. Do you know anywhere in Canada possibly that would have them?
I have no idea as I'm in the UK. Try ebay? A background will certainly help him out. Fish feel stressed without them. You'll probably find that a background would do the job

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back