Betta For The Office!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So, we're getting a Betta for the office. We want to do a zen theme. Ideas? We need ideas for decoration & substrAte. Also, QUIET filters and heaters for 2.5 gallon tanks

A couple of people on here have Bettas in a chi, but for me they're tall tanks & imo a shallower longer tank would be better

Oh right, you've already got the tank. As for the filter, i'd reccommend the eheim 2006 internal filter. It's very small and highly adjustable which is great for bettas :good:

Actually, might buy a 1.5 gallon tank with a filter and all that

Does anyone know where I can get an orange and blue betta? Those are our colors so, it'd be awesome to have one!

If you want to go with a zen theme, my idea would be to go with a substrate of white sand. Pool filter sand will do, but a LFS should have white or light-colored sand in small bags.

Next, some pretty river rocks to scatter in the sand. You can usually find these at a craft store.

You can take a fork or the like to rake the sand and give the entire bottom the same feel of one of those desktop zen gardens. Bonus if you can find one of those cute wooden rakes as long as they aren't treated with some sort of varnish. You may be able to fashion one yourself out of some chopsticks.

The 2.5 will give him more room to swim around, IMO, that would be better for the fish. The larger the tank the easier to keep water quality good as well. Be very careful with what u put in the tank. Lots of craft items have varnish and various coatings on them and are not meant to be put in water, esp water that contains fish! In fact, when I worked for a craft store, I noticed they had begun putting "not for aquarium use" on many of the brands of "river rocks" and such, prolly because the coatings on the stones were poison to fish. If u live near a stream, u could find your own. I know they have small Buddha statues for aquariums out there.
If u want to "build" something for the tank, the only adhesive I'd use would be aquarium silicone, or aquarium putty. They are non reactive when dry and meant to be in an aquarium environment. Good Luck!

I'd prefer the 2.5 gallon, but I actually don't think I can use it anymore. One of my girls is sick and thus needs a hospital tank... So, there goes that

I wouldn't ever want to keep a better in anything less than 5 US gallons, so I'd say the 1.5G was too small for a betta imho. 5/10 gallon tanks are cheap enough - why not go for one of those instead?

As for blue/orange, mustard gas bettas are usually a blue-yellow colour - what about that?

Put: black gravel, driftwood, amazon swords, marimo moss ball, and some free-floating plants. Bettas like some plant cover above water, but make sure that there is surface room for your betta to breathe. Good luck:D

Got a betta! A pretty lil peach, red and blue veil betta! Paid for him and they're holding him for me

I wouldn't recommend putting a betta in anything less than a 2.5.

The fish I got for our office is in a 3 gal Marineland aquarium. I have an old Tom Aquarium mini internal filter in it, and a Marina C20 (I think) heater. It's for 6+ gallons I believe, but it works well keeping the 3 gal stable at 78-80 degrees.

2012-04-06072754.jpg

edit: This photo is from before I put the filter in it. I didn't have it filtered at first, but got tired of the protein film at the top. I do 2-3 water changes a week for it. There is Anubias and Java fern in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back