Betta fish sick with a distended stomach

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

2tank

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi everyone, I have got a sick fish one of my breeding Betta have become sick with a very distended stomach, and I have no idea what illness it is.

he is also eating very little and his colour has faded,
he used to eat 4 pellets a day hikari vibra bites.
now only a bit of blood worm.
PH:6.5
ammonia none
nitrate none
nitrite none

1674338622407.png

I also have a vid but I cant attach it.

Hi, please any help would be appreciated.

How old is your Betta (just curious)?
Do you know how long this has been going on?
Can you tell if his scales are pineconing (sticking out)? It is often easiest to tell from the top looking down. If his scales are sticking out like a pine cone, then he has dropsy and the kindest thing then would be euthanasia.
I hope more experienced members come in soon with better advice than what I can give.

How old is your Betta (just curious)?
Do you know how long this has been going on?
Can you tell if his scales are pineconing (sticking out)? It is often easiest to tell from the top looking down. If his scales are sticking out like a pine cone, then he has dropsy and the kindest thing then would be euthanasia.
I hope more experienced members come in soon with better advice than what I can give.
no pineconing he is about 2 and a half I would think, had him for about a year while I waited for my females to mature

hmm, unfortunately I'm not an expert in diseases, so the only thing I can safely advise would be to do lots of water changes till someone else pipes up.
Considering its been almost a week, how is he doing now?

hmm, unfortunately I'm not an expert in diseases, so the only thing I can safely advise would be to do lots of water changes till someone else pipes up.
Considering its been almost a week, how is he doing now?
still doing fine

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back