BETTA FISH SHOULD BE FISH OF THE MONTH!!!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Moony42

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
HEY GUYS! I THINK APRILS FISH OF THE MONTH SHOULD BE THE BETTA SPLENDENS.
IT DESERVES THIS PRIZE AS IT A LOYAL FISH. IT IS SMART AND RECOGNISES HUMNS
PLUS APRIL IS USUALLY THE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT BETTAS ARE MORE ACTIVE IN.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I lolled when I read this.

Lots of fish recognise humans as the food giver.

As for them being active at this time of year, if well looked after they are active all year round.

I personally wouldn't put Bettas in the smart fish category. I consider them along the lines of a staffy terrier dog, loyal and loving but not the brightest cookie in the box.

I have seen rainbowfish work in packs and hunt down fish, push them into a corner and eat them. I have seen the same behaviour in tailor (a marine fish from around Australia) and dolphins. They heard schools of bait fish into man made harbours where boats are tied up. Some of the fish or dolphins make a wall and prevent the bait fish from escaping and the others go in for the kill.

You will have to beg the moderators to make Bettas fish of the month. :)

HEY GUYS! I THINK APRILS FISH OF THE MONTH SHOULD BE THE BETTA SPLENDENS.
IT DESERVES THIS PRIZE AS IT A LOYAL FISH. IT IS SMART AND RECOGNISES HUMNS
PLUS APRIL IS USUALLY THE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT BETTAS ARE MORE ACTIVE IN.
I agree with Colin on this one this post also made me giggle! You’ll have to beg the moderators to consider the contest.

It would be interesting as their such beautiful fish :)

Dolphins can’t be fish of the month because they aren’t fish. :kana:

cmon guys the bettas do deserve some fame right? THEY'VE NEVER KNOWN JOY BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES THEM A BIG HOME.

I HAVE A BLUE BETTA.HIS NAME IS ACE. HE IS A LOYAL AND HAPPY BETTA. I HAVE GIVEN HIM A 5.5 GALON TANK AS HIS HOME WITH THREE ALBINO TETRAS AND A BUNCH OF SNAILS. I HAVE ALSO PLANTED SOME TERRARIUM PLANTS IN THE TANK.

Let’s get more people involved with Tank of the Month before we proceed with another contest.

For Moony42

Whilst we appreciate your enthusiasm about Bettas, please try to keep capital letters for the start of sentences and names. There's no need to use capital letters for the entire post :)

Oh ok Collin . thx for the remainder.

MODERATORS;IF YOU ARE WATCHIN PLS CONIDER THE OPTION OF MAKING BETTA THE FISH OF THE MONTH. FOR THE ANSWER TO WHY; PLS GO CHECK OUT MY THREAD #BETTASRULE.

The club hasn't had a Fish of the Month Contest in a good while. Perhaps sometime in the future we could have another contest for FOTM. When that happens, you are welcome to enter a Betta in the contest. The club can decide among the entrants which fish is the best for that month.

Meanwhile please support the TOTM contest by casting your vote in this month's contest that ends in 2 hours. Another TOTM contest will start in about a week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back