FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

oc.eannn

Reaction score
Iā€™ve removed all the plants as soon as I noticed. Heā€™ll have to go without for a few hours but iā€™m going to the pet shop in the morning to get all real plants and return the fake ones.

Anything I can do to help him?
C3216D33-0DCA-4A49-AFB2-4393139C74CF.jpeg

Do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. this will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and give the fish the best chance of healing.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Monitor the damaged areas for red or white patches. red is bacterial. White is usually fungal. Salt can treat both but post pictures before treating, if it gets worse.

Do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. this will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and give the fish the best chance of healing.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Monitor the damaged areas for red or white patches. red is bacterial. White is usually fungal. Salt can treat both but post pictures before treating, if it gets worse.
Thanks, i bought some live plants as well as a silk one! I did a 20% water change as the tank isnā€™t cycled yet so i donā€™t want to disturb beneficial bacteria?? Added new gravel on top of old. Iā€™ll keep an eye on his fins.

44188657-84A2-4D12-9F7F-26404A8F0B3C.jpeg

Water is cloudy due to the gravel being disturbed when i poured in the remaining water.
Itā€™s ts so funny to me that the live plants were cheaper than the plastic ones šŸ˜‚

If you have an ammonia or nitrite reading above 0ppm, do a 75% water change every day until the level is 0ppm.

The water doesn't hold much, if any beneficial bacteria. it is however, home to lots of harmful disease organisms. To reduce the disease organisms you should change at least 50% of the water when you do water changes and 75% is better.

You do water changes for 2 main reasons.
1) to reduce nutrients like ammonia, nitrite & nitrate.
2) to dilute disease organisms in the water.

Fish live in a soup of microscopic organisms including bacteria, fungus, viruses, protozoans, worms, flukes and various other things that make your skin crawl. Doing a big water change and gravel cleaning the substrate on a regular basis will dilute these organisms and reduce their numbers in the water, thus making it a safer and healthier environment for the fish.

If you do a 25% water change you leave behind 75% of the bad stuff in the water.
If you do a 50% water change you leave behind 50% of the bad stuff in the water.
If you do a 75% water change leave behind 25% of the bad stuff in the water.

If you have an ammonia or nitrite reading above 0ppm, do a 75% water change every day until the level is 0ppm.

The water doesn't hold much, if any beneficial bacteria. it is however, home to lots of harmful disease organisms. To reduce the disease organisms you should change at least 50% of the water when you do water changes and 75% is better.

You do water changes for 2 main reasons.
1) to reduce nutrients like ammonia, nitrite & nitrate.
2) to dilute disease organisms in the water.

Fish live in a soup of microscopic organisms including bacteria, fungus, viruses, protozoans, worms, flukes and various other things that make your skin crawl. Doing a big water change and gravel cleaning the substrate on a regular basis will dilute these organisms and reduce their numbers in the water, thus making it a safer and healthier environment for the fish.

If you do a 25% water change you leave behind 75% of the bad stuff in the water.
If you do a 50% water change you leave behind 50% of the bad stuff in the water.
If you do a 75% water change leave behind 25% of the bad stuff in the water.
Donā€™t have an ammonia test at the moment. Bought one the other day but it turned out to be strips so i refunded it unused as i was told theyā€™re inaccurate. I am using seachem prime at the moment to detoxify ammonia and will test as soon as possible. Should i still do 75% water changes daily?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back