Betta & Corydoras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

myrxn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi so i am setting up a 5 gallon tank and was wondering if I could keep a female betta and a few corydoras with it as I absolutely love both and really want them both but I'm not sure if I can, thx

No, corys need to be with 6 of their own kind ideally and you need a 20 gallon minimum unless you are going with something small like a pygmy cory. Even then I wouldn't do anything other than your betta in the 5 gallon.

The tank in question is a 30 cm/12 inch cube so it has a smaller footprint than rectangular 5 gallons.

The dwarf cory species need a minimum of around 10, and 5 gallons just isn't big enough for 10 of even the smallest cory.

Happy day...I agree that the 5 gallon is too small for the cory cats. Depending on how you plant it, amano shrimp could help with the cleaning, or even a dwarf crayfish.

As said above a few times, 5 gallons is too small for corys. I keep corys and a betta in a tank in my room and nothing bad has happened between them. Maybe if you had a 15 gallon you could do the betta and panda corys. Amano shrimp are a good tankmate for a betta.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back