Betta Clear Fins?!?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Multavit Fish

Reaction score
Hi guys my betta fish has clear fins before it was red now itā€™s turning blue and itā€™s duller is it fin rot? Itā€™s poop has white things too not sure if that matters Iā€™ll try to get a picture in
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

No the fish does not have fin rot. Bettas sometimes change color as they get older.

If you can get apicture of the fish pooping it will help identify the problem.

Is the fish eating normally?
Has it lost any weight?

No the fish does not have fin rot. Bettas sometimes change color as they get older.

Has it lost any weight?
Well I feed it 4-5 pellets the size of sand grains per day, it usually eats all of it.
Does that also mean getting duller is normal btw? As for the poop itā€™s the closest I can get
image.jpg

Has it lost any weight?
As for weight idk I donā€™t weight them

Has it lost any weight?
Oh and also my other fish is just sitting there is it because I donā€™t have a heater? I was told by the guy who gave it to me that I donā€™t need anything and apparently he has hundreds of bettas.

I wouldn't think the fish needs a heater in the tropics. If the water temperature is between 20 & 30C, it is fine for the fish.

------------------
Fish can vary their colour during the day and night. At night they usually go darker and during the day they go lighter. Bettas can also change and go darker or lighter depending on time of day, weather conditions, and how they feel. They can change colour as they grow too.

Poor water quality can cause fish to change colour and become dull.
Make sure the water is free of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. You can buy test kits from pet shops to test for this, or take a sample of water to the pet shop. Having a healthy biological filter on the tank will keep ammonia and nitrite levels at 0 and you can do regular partial water changes to keep levels low too.

If the tank doesn't have any substrate (gravel or sand) on the bottom, or plants in, the fish might feel stressed and show dull or darker colours.

------------------
Bettas are not active fish and don't swim all over the place. Most of them hang out under floating plants or amongst aquatic vegetation and wait for insects or food items to move past. You fish could also be sleeping and it is not uncommon for them to sleep on the bottom or just under the surface.

------------------
If the fish does white poop on a regular basis, there is a problem. If it's once a month, it's not much to worry about but it should be monitored. If the poop is coloured (brown, red, orange, black), it is fine.

Test your water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. If those get elevated it can stress your fish, make him unhealthy and that can lead to change in color.

Is that his tank? Or like a temporary tank for phots?

He needs more room! Please get him a larger tank, the poor thing is living in a dangerously small and sad environment. Plants, a filter, substrate, and a bigger tank. Please!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back