Betta chunk missing please help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A few are good (fortunately) so lucky you !
I've never been asked what I think is essential :
- tapwater GH KH pH then fishes that match with it.
I've been nerver answered about behavior-dwelling area-slow swimmer or active swimmer :
- no, these fishes cannot live with those ones
That is why I say I'm sad.

Totally agree with you so only arguing because that is how I (and I suspect you) think. :)

From the sellers POV they will more than likely lose a sale if they ask too many "annoying" questions and the buyer might just go and spend at the (worse) seller across town who asks no questions and has a nicer cleaner shop because they make more money as a result. In addition any buy who has spent any time on websites like this will also know what to say as lies if they really want to buy the fish. To play "devils advocate" maybe they are hoping to be able to give out the correct advice when the customer comes back for help if they don't scare them off with the initial third degree.

As it happens I have been asked about tank size and existing stock in both chains in the UK; in contrast the staff at the independent I go to actually know what they are talking about if you ask them. The staff at chains might or might not have knowledge, but either way they only reason they ask some good questions is because of a script head-office gives them.

A few are good (fortunately) so lucky you !
I've never been asked what I think is essential :
- tapwater GH KH pH then fishes that match with it.
I've been nerver answered about behavior-dwelling area-slow swimmer or active swimmer :
- no, these fishes cannot live with those ones
That is why I say I'm sad.
Would it cheer you up if I asked you about those things? 😗

Agree :) Money money money... I knew a fish seller in a LPS that was respectfull to living-beings she was in charge - fishes, puppies, kittens, budgies, ferrets, etc - by dint of sharing her knowledge to other sellers, the "animal department" had acquired very good reputation but didn't make enough money... in several months they all have been fired...

Sorry about the poor photo, will do my best to describe. This is Bella, we have had her about 2 months. Last week I noticed she had a small white spot next to her gill and she was hiding a lot which is unusual. We were away at the weekend and now she has this open wound/sore- it is white with a tiny bit of red in the middle and looks like she has a sizeable chunk missing on her side. I've moved her to the hospital tank (she lives nornally in a 100L tank with other fish).
I don't *think it's injury as while she and the other bettas occasionally chase I haven't seen any nipping. Also I assume it started with the white spot.
I've looked up sores, wounds, fungus and it doesn't seem to be a good match for any of them.
I'm treating with Melafix and salt but read this may not be right depending on cause.
Has anyone any advice? She's eating a tiny bit and staying near top. Tails and fins fine. Water levels fine.
Thank you!
Update- I changed water yesterday to get rid of melafix and added 1tsp salt dissolved.
This morning her wound looks different and worse- see picture. It looks like her flesh has ballooned out into a growth. Any advice gratefully received. She can still swim but not really eating.

Attachments

• 20210922_111146.jpg
    20210922_111146.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 43
Update- I changed water yesterday to get rid of melafix and added 1tsp salt dissolved.
This morning her wound looks different and worse- see picture. It looks like her flesh has ballooned out into a growth. Any advice gratefully received. She can still swim but not really eating.
Do edges of the wound seem a little better or not ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back