Betta bullying shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sussy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, I have 5 shrimp in my tank, 3 ghost shrimp, 1 Blue Rili, and one Orange Shrimp. My betta gets along very well with all the shrimp EXCEPT for the orange one who is pregnant and has two eggs left for her to hatch. Why is it that he is only attacking the orange? And what should I do?

Others can answer better but I just don't think that a beta and shrimp fit in the same tank.

Why is the beta only bothering with the orange? I have no clue but it is possible that the orange shrimp is more out going than the others and the beta sees it as a threat to his territory.

As to what you should do I would say to get a second tank and seperate the beta from the shrimp. I am neither a beta or shrimp person but something just says to me that they are not likely to be a good match. I could be totally wrong so put advice from others that deal with these critters above my thoughts...

He isn't bullying her. He is attempting to eat her, or her eggs. It isn't a mean little power game as it is with a human bully. I imagine when the other shrimp moult, they'd better hide well.

He isn't bullying her. He is attempting to eat her, or her eggs. It isn't a mean little power game as it is with a human bully. I imagine when the other shrimp moult, they'd better hide well.
Right, I was also thinking it could be size of the shrimp, today i saw her molt and it made me realize that the shrimp could have been small so the betta chose to go for that one.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back