"Betta Bulbs"

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

oneponygirl

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I saw these packaged in the LPS the other day, "Betta Bulbs", they are little bulbs that grow into plants (guaranteed within 30 days or they'll send you a new bulb). I was just wondering if anyone has tried them.

i have seen bulbs (tho they werent called betta bulbs as i recall) sold at walmart :eek: 3 in a pack, i havnt tried them but i have thought about gettin a pack to try it out....im interested in hearing others as well......

Well, I know I love live plants, so I'd definitely give them a try. Live plants keep your water cleaner and just look better than fake. Good stuff, I tell ya. I'm not big on bulbs, though... take too long to grow... :lol: Of course, not everyone has the UBER fish store like ours...

yep iv used them and they make for some great live plants, not all 100% of them will grow but most will. i would almost recommend them to anyone who can pick them up :thumbs:

Yep, I've bought those bulbs at Walmart and had great success with them! Just bought my third pack of them three days ago and they're already sprouting :thumbs:

Got a couple in my 20 gal. They didn't all sprout, but what did is growing like crazy and the fish seem to love 'em. :)

They were selling those things in one of the little kiosks in our mall, way back before I became a complety psycho about animals in places like that, and I actually stopped to look at them at the kiosk.

They called them monkey nuts at the kiosk I was at. Um, yeah.

I've also seen them at WalMart before - I think they're about the same thing.

One of my bettas doesnt like them ... he bites little chunks from the leaves then spits them out. It drove me crazy fishing specks of plant out every other day so I just threw them into my tropical tank (ummm the plant not the betta)

I have those plants from WM in my 55, I didnt have any grow, so I sent them back, and now theyre huge and doing great.

I've used the bulbs form wal mart before. Not the Betta bulbs, but the Live Aquarium Plants bulbs. The lilly's (the 3 pack of BIG bubls) end up growing huge (Some of the leaves on the one that I grew in my 10 gal ended up being 3-4 inches across and 6-7 inches long) and end up covering almost the whole surface of the tank so IMO are better suited for a large tank, otherwise you have to prune them often so the bettas can get to the surface, and they make gravel/sand cleaning a pain. I have had success with most of them growing. I havn't bothered to send any back though. I keep throwing the wal mart reciept away before I realize they aren't going to grow. :*) I have one of the 7 packs of small bulbs that I'm planning on putting in my soon to be dwarf gourami tank today. I think I threw the reciept away for them too. :/ Wait, I just read the back of the package! I don't need the reciept! Just the proof of purchace!!! Yay!!!!

Way cool, I'm going to try them then. I'm going to check out a LFS today and if they don't have them, I'll stop at Petco where I saw them. :) If they get too big I'll just give them to my friend who has a much bigger tank than I do and get new ones. :) Yeah, I love to grow things (I just hate to get swindled into wasting money, too).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back