betta breeding question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NickT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
how many times should the fish "embrace" before you get eggs? should you see them the first time?

this is my 3rd attempt at a spawn and am just now getting the male (hows still young and inexperienced) to embrace the female...

the female is fat with eggs and both have been conditioned for 2 weeks on blood worm and brine shrimp....

the male is a bit larger than the female but she is so full of eggs it looks like he cant quite squeeze her...

should i seperate them?? ive watched tehm embrace about 10 times now and still no eggs....

plz help

i saw 1 egg fall!

EDIT: lots now ... never mind! :*) i was just worried and teh comp was with me next to the tank.....

now lets hope the fry make it!! :thumbs:

Sometimes it does take a while for them to get it just right, congrats on the eggs, keep us posted :thumbs:

i will keep posting.... im also trying for some PICs but im bad with the camera..

thanks for the quick reply sorrell! :)

these fish are amazing! one minut there teritorial and the next there floating gracfuly under there buble nest.
im glad i finaly got the only 2 compatable bettas i have to spawn!

one other question... is it too late to add salt? it sliped my mind when i was seting the tank up and from all ive read its fairly improtant......

I've done it without ill effect. It might be better to do it before the eggs hatch, or a few days after.

Mine took a couple of hours to figure it out before I got any eggs. Then they went at it for 9 hours. geehhh.. sillly bettas. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back