Betta bloated for over 3 weeks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

CarlyJT

Reaction score
My betta has been bloated for 3 weeks or longer. Iā€™ve been feeding him daphnia, frozen mysis shrimp and frozen blood worms. I fast him once a week but just did a 3 day fast but no improvement on the bloat. He always has clear stringy pop hanging from him. He has no pine coning of the scales but he seems very lethargic and barely swims around. Iā€™m thinking of trying Kanaplex, but would love some suggestions before I try medicating.
Also water parameters are fine and I do weekly partial water changes.

I hope this link may help.

Antibiotics should only be used where the diagnosis is definitely a bacterial infection.
White stringy poop could indicate a bacterial infection, or a protozoan infection or an intestinal worm infection. With bacterial infections the fish usually dies within a few days and as your fish has been suffering bloat for 3 weeks, a bacterial infection is unlikely so an antibiotic is not the correct medication to try.

Antibiotics should only be used where the diagnosis is definitely a bacterial infection.
White stringy poop could indicate a bacterial infection, or a protozoan infection or an intestinal worm infection. With bacterial infections the fish usually dies within a few days and as your fish has been suffering bloat for 3 weeks, a bacterial infection is unlikely so an antibiotic is not the correct medication to try.
Thank you very much! Very helpful!

Most reactions

trending

Back