betta becoming pale

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i noticed this morning that one of my female bettas is turning kinda pale. all the water parameters are normal and all my other fish are fine. the tank is 20g and the fish i have are:

4 betta
2 molly
2 platy

i noticed this morning that one of my female bettas is turning kinda pale. all the water parameters are normal and all my other fish are fine. the tank is 20g and the fish i have are:

4 betta
2 molly
2 platy
Maybe its stress? Whats your tank size?

20 gallon long
Hmm... It may be stress due to lack of decor/hiding places but I dont know what you have in there. I know females arent to territorial but they may like to have their own spaces... How long have you had them?

Hmm... It may be stress due to lack of decor/hiding places but I dont know what you have in there. I know females arent to territorial but they may like to have their own spaces... How long have you had them?
i got the bettas 2 weeks ago. ill get more plants and rocks because the tank doesnt have very many hiding spots. thank you!!

Yes sounds like she is at the bottom of the pecking order, 4 is not enough to disperse their dominance, usually 6 is recommended as the minimum for female betta sororitys.

Interesting. I have 8 (used to be yellow) bristlenose plecos. They all arrived the yellow color I ordered about a year ago but one is slowly changing a mottled shade of dark brown while the other 7 are turning completely albino white. Maybe I should check the shrimp they've been eating (actually I don't think they eat snails but they do eat algae) Only thing that's changed is that due to lack of algae in the tank - I feed them algae pellets and they are about the only fish that eat them (I hold the pellets in my hand until they get a little soft and then break them into pieces = most of my plecos are 3" or less, they've got a ways to go until adulthood.

i got the bettas 2 weeks ago. ill get more plants and rocks because the tank doesnt have very many hiding spots. thank you!!
No problem! Anytime you see a fish loosing color its most likely stress, but there are also diseases that can cause this. But in your case it was a simple fix luckily.

No problem! Anytime you see a fish loosing color its most likely stress, but there are also diseases that can cause this. But in your case it was a simple fix luckily.
yeah. i assumed it wasnt a disease bc its only the one. i put some more rocks and made caves last night. i haven't put more plants in YET but shes already starting to color up again :D

yeah. i assumed it wasnt a disease bc its only the one. i put some more rocks and made caves last night. i haven't put more plants in YET but shes already starting to color up again :D
YAY! I'm glad that it worked

i just added even more rocks to make caves and stuff and oh my gosh the fish are LOVING it 😊
Thats great! Yah fish love hiding spots. It makes them feel safe amd secure, then they can loosen up and show off their colors.

Most reactions

trending

Back