betta and flaked food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

reddeerhobbiest

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just rescued a betta from a local walmart, and he will only eat flakes. My other betta loves his pelts, as well as bloodworm. Should i be worried about him, and i would apreciate any suggestions on getting him to eat his pelts
Thanx

Are they flakes made for bettas? If so, don't worry! :) Bettas do have specific dietary needs, but if the flakes are made for them, they'll do just as good of a job as pellets. I have 3 bettas who eat flakes and they're just as healthy as those who eat pellets. :thumbs:

i tried to give mine betta bites but she just wouldnt take. nown all she takes is tropical fish flakes that i give to my community fish. and i give her some bloodworm treats on the weekend. so nothingnto worry about.

DD

Tetra Betamin is food specifically made for betta's and it comes in flake form, with a few freeze dried brine shrimp thrown in.

My main disklike for flake food is the mess left behind after the fish eats. Unlike pellets that are eaten whole, little bits of flake food wind up on the bottom of my tank.

its good to heat that flakes are fine, although the flakes i have are for my tropicals. ill keep an eye out for beta flakes.
i was a little shocked that he wouldnt eat the bloodworm!!
thanx! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back