Betta Acting Strange

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sweetp544

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My betta fish that is fairly new has been acting fine, he is being treated for a mild case of ich. I thought he was constipated because he had a buldge near his back tail fin. However after posting about it i found out that isnt where the buldge would be. So he still has this buldge and was acting fine until about 1/2 hr ago and now he is sitting in the bottom of the tank behind my filter. Is this normal?? Does it have anything to do with that buldge??

any chance of a picture?
it could be some kind of infection after a scratch, or a tumour which bettas are prone to.

Also, if he's by the intake of the filter, he might be stuck/not figured out the little wiggle that is needed to pull away from the suction. ... can't help with the Bulge much, but I know one of my males likes to rest on the suction cup thats behind my filter.

I have been working on trying to get a picture, not having much luck my camera keeps getting reflection of the glass. Ill keep trying. The buldge looks like a pea sort of i guess you could say and sticks out more on one side than the other and is right on the bottom section of the back of the fish. right near his tail. About the hiding thing, he is starting to come out more now, i think he might have been afraid of my albino tiger, which i have been getting a new tank set to move him into so for now i put him in a breeder box, the tiger that is until i get everything for another tank set. But im still concerned about this buldge.

If you can take your picture with the face of your camera at about a 45 degree angle from the face of your tank you should be able to get a picture without much glare from flash. Another trick is to put the camera right up against the glass to take a picture. The only problem with this is that if your camera isn't set up to focus that close the picture will be fuzzy and out of focus.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back