Best Tank Mate's For Clown Loach

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DerpPH said:

I have seen 2 footers, I went to borneo 2 years ago on an educational trip.
well they do get fatter rather than longer most of the time

I did say in captivity.

how dose this sound for stocking

7 clown loach
2 keyhole chiclids
2 koi angelfish
20 cardinal tetra
1 orange bn pleco
16 strbia corys

TwoTankAmin said:

Yes but loaches.com also say that the MAXIMUM size is 16 inches. The maximum size of a male human being is 8' 11", he died in 1940, the current tallest man is 8' 3". The average height even for a Netherlands native is only 6' 1" and in the UK and US it's about 5' 10". This means that the AVERAGE height of a human male [in the US/UK] compared with the maximum [living] height means that the average is only 70% of the maximum. Assuming this is typical in most animal species and taking loaches.com's maximum for the clown loach as 16", then 70% of that gives a typical size of the clown loach as 11.2" which is about what I said. So in general clown loaches in captivity grow to around 12".

Also, I should clarify if anyone is unsure, that the length calculation of any fish is taken from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail, not the end of it.

l_l_l said:
BTW, don't put silver dollar in with the clown loach, clown loach love plants, silver dollar destroy them, makes clown loach a very sad clown, and a sad clown is the saddest thing on the planet.
This is the sad situation I have.  I have "heavily planted" the main tank with artificial plants, but I'm certain they know the difference.

I've heard mixed reports on what types of plants can survive around those aquatic lawnmowers.  One thing is for certain, though:  A head of romaine lettuce doesn't stand a chance (they devour it entirely within 2 days).

they eat a whole lettuce head on 2 dayss???
I have to see that

My clowns will demolish a romain lettuce leaf in about half an hour, two slices of cucumber in less than ten minutes and have a serious go at my hand if I put it in while feeding bloodworm; but they are so cuddly!!

Most reactions

trending

Back