Best plants to buy to add some colour to the tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CRS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have about 45 plants in my 520L tank,

They're all looking healthy and growing fast, i would like to add a little bit more colour, what plants would you recommend?

I'm not bothered if they're slow, medium or fast growing.
I am of course assuming not all plants are green :lol: I've seen some on here with hints of purple.

Thanks for any help!! :)

Have a look at red wendtii crypts...

Reactions: CRS
red root floaters look nice, just having a browse around on google i haven't seen anything like that in any of my local shop stores.

I currently have about 45 plants in my 520L tank,

They're all looking healthy and growing fast, i would like to add a little bit more colour, what plants would you recommend?

I'm not bothered if they're slow, medium or fast growing.
I am of course assuming not all plants are green :lol: I've seen some on here with hints of purple.

Thanks for any help!! :)
I've tweaked my plant list, adding 'Red' to the red ones. ;)

Copied from my recent shopping list.

Background plants:
Ludwigia palustris - (bright red, standard ludwigia size)

Midground Plants:
Alternanthera reineckii Rosanervig - Mid to back broad leaf, slow grower - make sure to get Rosanervig or mini variants or it will be too big.

Cryptocoryne beckettii - Small crypt, red stem, green leaf. Good around gaps in wood. Can be grown on the wood.

Echinodorus Reni - Small red to green coloured Echinodorus, broad, rounded, leaf.

Bucephalandra Kedagang - Small Red stem,small green broad/long leaf. Can get a blue shimmer on leaves. Can be attached to wood.

Cryptocoryne albida Brown - Very small (low growing) red/Brown leaf Crypt

red root floaters look nice, just having a browse around on google i haven't seen anything like that in any of my local shop stores.
yeah online you can get a bit of it

I've tweaked my plant list, adding 'Red' to the red ones. ;)

What? :lol:

Copied from my recent shopping list.

Background plants:
Ludwigia palustris - (bright red, standard ludwigia size)

Midground Plants:
Alternanthera reineckii Rosanervig - Mid to back broad leaf, slow grower - make sure to get Rosanervig or mini variants or it will be too big.

Cryptocoryne beckettii - Small crypt, red stem, green leaf. Good around gaps in wood. Can be grown on the wood.

Echinodorus Reni - Small red to green coloured Echinodorus, broad, rounded, leaf.

Bucephalandra Kedagang - Small Red stem,small green broad/long leaf. Can get a blue shimmer on leaves. Can be attached to wood.

Cryptocoryne albida Brown - Very small (low growing) red/Brown leaf Crypt

Nice one, i'll be getting some of these :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back