Best plants that BN plecos won't eat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm not sure that anacharis feeds though it's roots as it grows successfully as a floating plant.

The two most often recommended liquid fertilisers are Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement, and in the UK TNC Lite (in the USA Brightwell FlorinMulti). These companies make products with similar names, make sure it's the right one before buying.

What fertilisers should I go with? Should I buy root tabs to help the anacharis I have in the tank that are in the substrate and some sort of liquid fertiliser?
I've heard good things about the seachem line. It's a bit more to start with, kind of confusing but you don't have to waste your money on ferts you don't need because their stuff is independent. I would start with the beginner pack. It comes with flourish, flourish excel and iron. I don't know much about root feeders or root tabs, but if you do have root feeders and substrate with no nutrients (like sand with no soil or amazonia) I would get root tabs, just don't know which ones are good :/ I'm sorry

I advise you to avoid Flourish Excel and any other 'liquid CO2'. These contain glutaraldehyde which is used, amongst other things, for sterilising heat sensitive medical equipment and in embalming fluid. I won't have a chemical like this anywhere near my fish.

To start with, all you need is a comprehensive liquid fertiliser. If later the plants seem to show a deficiency in something, it can then be diagnosed and added.

I advise you to avoid Flourish Excel and any other 'liquid CO2'. These contain glutaraldehyde which is used, amongst other things, for sterilising heat sensitive medical equipment and in embalming fluid. I won't have a chemical like this anywhere near my fish.

To start with, all you need is a comprehensive liquid fertiliser. If later the plants seem to show a deficiency in something, it can then be diagnosed and added.
So should I just go with the product you suggested above?

To start with, I'd just try either the Seachem or TNC products then see how it goes with those. I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement and my plants seem fine with that. Use less than they say at first, you can always increase it later.

If you ever get plants which are root feeders (eg amazon swords) you can get root tabs for those.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back