Best place to buy pest free plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

autyfish

Reaction score
I would like to buy some live plants, but I’m nervous of pests and parasites. Does anyone have an online place they would recommend? My best option around is petco and they make me nervous.

I trust my local petco for their plants. I've never had any pests whatsoever. Usually, they offer nonwater acclimated plants.(plants in containers) if you are really worried think about how a pest or parasite can live while not touching water for a long time.

You could also bleach dip the plants before you get them in the tank! With petcos and PetSmart s or other chain stores it really depends on the individual location. Some locations are great, no pests, healthy plants, great employees, others are... lacking that kind of quality

I highly recommend Your Fish Stuff. They have great selection, great prices, and great service!
Man they are cheap and have everything!
You could also bleach dip the plants before you get them in the tank! With petcos and PetSmart s or other chain stores it really depends on the individual location. Some locations are great, no pests, healthy plants, great employees, others are... lacking that kind of quality
Ours would be the latter 🙁. Their fish section is so sad.

Looking there now! Looks fantastic!
They really are awesome! They have an eBay store that’s more expensive, but offers buy one get one half off, so it depends on how many plants you buy. Another great ebay seller is rolandpre6. He has healthy plants, but they are mostly worth it if you get the buy two get one free they offer

They really are awesome! They have an eBay store that’s more expensive, but offers buy one get one half off, so it depends on how many plants you buy. Another great ebay seller is rolandpre6. He has healthy plants, but they are mostly worth it if you get the buy two get one free they offer
You’re going to get my credit card taken away from me. I have 25ish house plants and have told myself “no more!” I just have no more room for them in areas that have any light. Now I can plant an aquarium?! Mercy! I could buy all the aquatic plants I want and never come close to what I paid for some of my monstera varieties though!

You’re going to get my credit card taken away from me. I have 25ish house plants and have told myself “no more!” I just have no more room for them in areas that have any light. Now I can plant an aquarium?! Mercy! I could buy all the aquatic plants I want and never come close to what I paid for some of my monstera varieties though!
Hah! I have 6 of the most basic house plants and feel like I’ve spent a fortune! I have probably spent 4x as much on my aquatic plants though

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back