Best place to buy fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phreaxer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am thinking that I am going to either be getting a couple (2-3) fancys, or a beta, and I was wondering where the best place to do this would be? I have come to the conclussion from reading other threads on here that Walmart is definately not the place to buy fish.... Where would be my best bet to getting a healthy fish(es)? Cost doesnt really matter, these fish are cheap anyways and I would rather pay twice as much then have to nurse a sick fish back to health.... (i would do it if I had to though)

for a betta, petsmart has quite a selection of them and i know the one here does take care of theirs. they change the water in the individual cups every day and you could rescue a betta from a life of living in a cup :blink:

semper fi

I think that is what I will do. I cant imagine how badly that has to suck. Its got to be like us living in a portapotty.... without anyway out. :grr: :sick:

if you have no other lfs in your area, try getting to walmart when they first get their fish in, on thursdays here. I think they waive the guarantee but at least you get the fish before they go into walmarts tanks of doom.

Most reactions

Back